Director & Actuary
Posted on May 18, 2019 by Pacific Life
Currently, we are seeking a talented Director & Actuary to join the Retirement Solutions Division based in Newport Beach, CA.
The Retirement Solutions Division leverages its strengths in product development, technology, services and risk management to create retirement solutions for individuals, families, and businesses. With the guidance of financial professionals, customers have access to an array of annuities and mutual funds designed to help grow assets and to provide retirement income for financial independence.
As part of the Valuation team within the Retirement Solutions Division (RSD) and for the Company's rapidly growing $85+ billion annuity business, you will be responsible for leading financial reporting and valuation projects related to the company's variable and fixed annuity products. You must be comfortable communicating your results to management and other stakeholders at all level in the organization.
Other specific responsibilities include:
- Partner with Division modelling team and lead the model validation activities
- Support statutory and GAAP financial reporting
- Assess the financial impacts of new products, riders, reinsurance treaty terms, and/or valuation methodologies
- Maintain accuracy and reliability of valuation processes by designing, enhancing, and/or implementing process controls
- Maintain documentation of valuation processes and methodologies
- Interface with auditors, regulators, state examiners, IRS, and other interested parties
- Interact with other functional area as needed.
- Bachelor degree in actuarial science, finance, mathematics or related field or equivalent work experience
- Fellow of the Society of Actuaries (FSA) and Member of the American Academy of Actuaries (MAAA)
- 7 or more years of actuarial experience, including at least 3 with statutory and GAAP and Tax valuation. Exposure to principles based approaches desirable.
- Familiarity in the Fixed and Variable Annuity market and valuable knowledge of the risks and administrative requirements associated with annuity contracts.
- Excellent quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Experience using MoSes or another actuarial modelling software.
Celebrating 150 years of service in 2018, Employer offers life insurance, annuities, and mutual funds, along with a variety of investment products and services, all of which provide The Power to Help You Succeed. We firmly believe each employee plays a part in our continued growth and success, and we pride ourselves in providing a work environment that is challenging, inclusive, collaborative, and results-oriented. With a powerful past and a strong future, Employer offers an environment where you're empowered to achieve your personal best. In return, we look to your passion and insight to help us grow.
Join the Employer team and watch your career grow! We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes: Competitive salary and bonus program Medical, dental, and vision as part our commitment in investing in the health and wellbeing of our employees Two retirement savings plans: 401k savings plan with company match and Company Retirement Contribution (company-paid) Generous vacation time and holiday pay And much more!
Employer Insurance Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative.