Senior Associate Product Manager, Power Purchasers
Posted on May 18, 2019 by Wayfair
We're tackling a wide array of fascinating, incredibly difficult problems - like helping a massive, rapidly growing global customer base efficiently find the perfect products from our catalog of >10M items (with the majority of traffic on mobile), building 2-sided marketplaces to connect consumers with interior designers and contractors, and leveraging A/R and Computer Vision to help customers visualize products in their space. We have a modern tech stack including sophisticated capabilities around AI, data science, multivariate testing and personalization. And we're a highly collaborative, supportive team that values learning, psychological safety and intentional career development.
We are looking for a Senior Associate Product Manager to join our Employer Professional team. This individual will focus on several target verticals: interior designers, hotels and restaurants, contractors, property managers, and offices. It'll be important to quickly familiarize yourself with the challenges faced by each of these industries so you can effectively lead the product team to develop the best-in-class business shopping experience for our customers.
You must have a strong bias-for-action, a strong quantitative background, be extremely curious and be willing to identify and fill gaps where necessary to get the job done. You will be asked to break down complex problems and back up your recommendations with quantitative and qualitative reasoning.
How you'll drive success:
- Product Manager's at Employer are exceptionally strong in both quantitative and qualitative analysis, and demonstrate superior communication skills to constituents across the business.
- Utilize data to understand customer needs and behaviors as well as business objectives, and transform that knowledge into website enhancements and new features
- Build and maintain roadmaps for your product(s) and insure those interests are represented amongst all Product owners within the organization to ensure the vision for your product roadmap aligns with broader company objectives
- Monitor performance of your focus area and measure the impact of your product enhancements
- Significant/meaningful experience in E-commerce and product management
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills, with demonstrated experience turning data into actionable insights
- Familiarity with Excel, SQL, and multivariate testing
- Deep understanding of business strategy and metrics
- Passionate about building functional and engaging user experiences
- Cross-functional leadership experience
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with a bias for customer focused innovation
- BA with strong academic record (strong preference for quantitative, scientific, or technical backgrounds)
Employer is one of the world's largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we're reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Employer will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you're looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you'll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Employer is a place you can call home. We're a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Employer - and world - for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That's why we're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.