Registered Nurse - Sys Nur Res Ops Central
Posted on May 18, 2019 by UPMC
The System Nursing Resource Registered Nurse is a member of a limited casual nursing float pool that supports short term scheduling needs across Employer facilities in Central Pennsylvania. System Nursing Resource Registered Nurse has responsibility, authority and accountability for the provision of nursing care. The System Nursing Resource Registered Nurse manages and provides patient care activities for a group of patients and their families through the application of independent judgment, communication and collaboration with all team members. The role of the System Nursing Resource Registered Nurse encompasses leadership, partnership, collaboration and supervision. They establish and maintain collaborative relationships with physicians, other health care providers, patients and their families, to achieve desired patient outcomes throughout the continuum of care. System Nursing Resource Registered Nurse demonstrates a commitment to the community and to the nursing profession.
- Assume day-to-day assignments at a variety of Employer facilities in Central Pennsylvania, congruent with their clinical skills and experience. Establish and maintain positive relationships with managers, physicians, non-physician providers, ancillary and support staff, nursing colleagues, other departments, as well as patients and families.
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships internally and externally by demonstrating accountability for actions, enthusiasm, motivation and commitment to patients and colleagues.
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships internally and externally by demonstrating accountability for actions, enthusiasm, motivation and commitment to patients and colleagues. Take personal responsibility in improving patient satisfaction by delivering excellent quality of care and service.
- Good clinical judgment with critical thinking, analytical and problem solving abilities required as related to various aspects of patient care. Critical thinking skills necessary to exercise and to lead in application of the nursing process. Mobility and visual manual dexterity. Physician stamina for frequent walking, standing, lifting, and positioning.
- Practice solid communication skills, and articulate and translate the patient's condition to other care providers and negotiate and make recommendations for changes in patient care and unit practices. Patient documentation is comprehensive and promotes communication between caregivers. Provide detailed and appropriate teaching to patients and families to effectively guide them through the duration of their stay as well as transition to another level of care and/or home.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Two years of registered nurse experience required.
- Bachelor of nursing preferred.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
- RN Licensure in the commonwealth of Pennsylvania is required.
- CPR required based on AHA standards that include both a didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of hire.
- ACT 33 Child Abuse Clearance required within 90 days of hire.
- ACT 73 FBI Clearance required within 90 days of hire.
- NIHSS certification required within 60 days of hire.
- Act 33 Child Clearance with Renewal
- Act 34 Criminal Clearance with Renewal
- Act 73 FBI Clearance
- Basic Life Support or Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation
- National Institute of Health Stroke Scale Certification
- Registered Nurse
Union Position: No
$325k - $325k Annual
$12.2 - $12.2 Annual