Registered Nurse First Assistant (RNFA) Full Time Permanent
Posted on May 18, 2019 by Blue Royal Staffing
$10K SIGN ON BONUS AVAILABLE + RELOCATION ASSISTANCE!
POSITION TYPE: Registered Nurse First Assistant (RNFA)
LOCATION: Porterville, CA
SPECIALTY UNIT: Surgery
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Permanent
- The RNFA may assist the surgeon by performing technical functions during surgery, including intra-operative retraction, homeostasis, tissue manipulation, and wound closure
- The function of the Registered Nurse (RNFA) is to provide direct patient care as part of the perioperative role, by acting as first assistant to the surgeon during operative procedures
- The RNFA will be recorded under "Assistant" on the operative record and should be dictated by the primary surgeon on the operative report.
- The RNFA will perform first assisting under the direct supervision of the primary surgeon.
- Current State Registered Nursing license
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) through American Heart Association required
- Current ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) through American Heart Association
- CNOR certification required
- Registered Nurse First Assist (RNFA) by the Competency and Credentialing Institute
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required
- Either successful completion of a RNFA course jointly approved by the Chief of Surgery and the Director Surgical Services or certification as a Certified Registered Nurse First Assistant (CRNFA) by the Association of Operating Room Nurses (AORN).
To speak NOW with one of our experienced Recruiters about this job or any of our current open jobs, call