BRANSCOME INC | Asphalt Plant Operator - Richmond
Posted on May 18, 2019 by Colas
Branscome is one of the largest heavy highway and general contracting companies in the Mid-Atlantic region. Keeping our team healthy and safe is the most important aspect of our company. Branscome strives to provide advancement opportunities, professional education, and extensive training for every employee.
Major Role and Purpose:
This position operates the plant computer and controls to maintain the plant production schedule.
Description of Duties:
1. Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all federal, local, state and company safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task
2. Operate the plant controls to weigh and deliver specified quantities of aggregates and liquid to dryer for heating, to the mixer and then to the silo for dumping into trucks
3. Maintain proper heat in dryer by adjusting thermostatic controls
4. Maintain proper flow of materials
5. Assists with the compiling of reports regarding plant production and maintenance
6. Assist in plant and equipment maintenance
7. Ability to solve problems that may arise concerning a mix design with the Quality Control personnel
8. Assist plant foreman as necessary
9. Awareness of location of trucks on scales before releasing materials
10. Receive and input orders
11. Willingness to work nights and weekends
12. Perform all other duties deemed necessary or assigned
High school diploma preferred
Two years of experience preferred
1. Knowledge of safety and lockout procedures
2. Mechanical skills
3. Knowledge of state requirements and mix design
4. Operate bobcat and loader
5. Basic computer knowledge
Branscome Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer dedicated to promoting diversity and maintaining a drug-free workplace. It is our policy to ensure that applicants are considered for employment based on their qualifications without regard to their race, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), creed, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expressions, sexual orientation, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mentaldisability, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions),immigration status, citizenship, genetic information, medical conditions, protected veteran status, uniform service member status, familial status, marital status, registered domestic partner status or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants are treated on the basis of their job-related qualifications, ability and performance. We are committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants and provide a workplace free of harassment and discrimination. This Policy applies to aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, training and development, promotion, termination, compensation, benefits, and all other terms and conditions of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. For more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here and here . For notification on E-Verify click here and for information on Right to Work, click here.
If you need accommodation to access the information provided on this website, please contact Branscome Inc. at or send an e-mail to: (see below) .
Branscome Inc. will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. For more information, please click here .
Don't have an email address?
Click here to create one!