BRANSCOME INC | Milling Groundsman Operator
Posted on May 18, 2019 by Colas
Branscome is one of the largest heavy highway and general contracting companies in the Mid-Atlantic region. Keeping our team healthy and safe is the most important aspect of our company. Branscome strives to provide advancement opportunities, professional education, and extensive training for every employee.
Operates a milling machine that removes surfaces from roadways used in resurfacing projects
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all federal, state, local and company safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task.
- Operates the lower end of a specialized machine to mill asphalt for use in resurfacing highways, roadways, etc.
- Manipulates the lower controls to guide movements of milling machine
- Positions dump trucks while backing up to machine conveyor
- Use of shovel and rake
- Sets electrical functions
- Operate, oil, grease and fuel the Asphalt Service Truck
- Ensure proper water, oil, fuel for equipment on job at all times
- Assist in moving signs, setting up of signs in the morning and storage of signs on truck
- Should be familiar with all functions of the milling operation, including operation of milling machine
- Perform all other duties deemed necessary or assigned.
- Minimum one year previous experience (preferred)
- Experience Operating a cutting torch and welder
- Ability to carry out detailed instructions
- Ability to work nights and weekends as needed
- Standing 70 % of time
- Walking 15 % of time
- Sitting 10 % of time
- Driving 5 % of time
- Stooping 5 % of time
- Climbing 10 % of time
- Reaching 10 % of time
- Kneeling 5 % of time
- Carrying up to 50 lbs.
- Lifting up to 50 lbs.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND CONDITIONS
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to: Moving mechanical parts, extremes of hot and cold weather, and vibration
The employee is frequently exposed to: Fumes or airborne particles
The employee is occasionally exposed to: Wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places, and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Branscome Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer dedicated to promoting diversity and maintaining a drug-free workplace. It is our policy to ensure that applicants are considered for employment based on their qualifications without regard to their race, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), creed, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expressions, sexual orientation, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mentaldisability, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions),immigration status, citizenship, genetic information, medical conditions, protected veteran status, uniform service member status, familial status, marital status, registered domestic partner status or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants are treated on the basis of their job-related qualifications, ability and performance. We are committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants and provide a workplace free of harassment and discrimination. This Policy applies to aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, training and development, promotion, termination, compensation, benefits, and all other terms and conditions of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
If you need accommodation to access the information provided on this website, please contact Branscome Inc or send an e-mail to: (see below) .
Branscome Inc. will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.