Business Operations Spec 1
Posted on May 18, 2019 by Lawrence Livermore National Security
Organization: ESH and Quality
Posting Requirement: External w/US Citizenship
Job ID: 105289
Job Code: Business Operations Spec 1 (A01.1)
Date Posted: May
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where we apply science and technology to make the world a safer place; now one of 2019 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
We have an opening for a Business Operations Specialist. You will work independently following established procedures to develop, approve, implement and provide oversight for a wide range of advanced and diverse administrative and operational activities. This position is in the Radiation Protection Functional Area (RPFA) and Analytical Services and Instrumentation (AS&I) Division within the Environment, Safety and Health Directorate.
- Manage the hiring activities for the department including developing postings, facilitating interviews, and preparing hire packages. Onboard and manage office space for new hires.
- Serve as the Document Coordinator for RPFA and AS&I, tracking, reviewing, posting and distributing procedures, technical bases documents, and correspondence for both groups.
- Independently plan, execute, and provide oversight to a variety of administrative, operational, and organizational requirements and activities and serve as the primary point-of-contact for the Radiation Protection Functional Area and Analytical Services and Instrumentation Division administrative matters.
- Research, analyze, establish and implement internal administrative procedures and systems to enhance efficiency and effectiveness of administrative operations.
- Lead, oversee, and coordinate various administrative projects and initiatives; collect, validate, and interpret business, operational and/or organizational planning data in support of strategic and/or workforce planning activities.
- Serve as the training coordinator, ergonomic point-of-contact, and Universal Content Management (UCM) Administrator for RPFA and AS&I.
- Provide support to the Radiological Control Manager, AS&I Manager, Group Leaders, ES&H health physicists, and Functional Areas Administrator(s).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Experience coordinating and participating in administrative and operational work activities and multi-faceted internal processes for the work unit and/or functional area.
- Understanding of basic principles of personnel administration, policies and procedures and of HR compliance requirements for personnel administration.
- Experience solving problem and the decision-making skills necessary to anticipate, identify, and independently recommend appropriate actions and solutions to complex administrative problems.
- Experience leading administrative projects effectively and ability to understand, interpret, and apply operational related policies and procedures; advanced organizational skills, attention to detail, accuracy, and follow through.
- Effective interpersonal skills with the demonstrated ability to handle sensitive and confidential issues with tact, discretion, and mature judgment.
- Advanced written and communication skills necessary to effectively interact with all levels of personnel internal and external to LLNL, including accurate editing and proof-reading skills.
- Advanced knowledge of personal computers and associated software particularly MS Office applications and experience formatting complex procedures and reports for signature and transmittal.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Experience using LLNL software applications, such as LINCS, Adobe Acrobat Pro, ePay, LITE, EAM, UCM, and Outlook.
- Experience with recruiting, hiring, and/or onboarding activities.
Pre-Placement Medical Exam: A job related pre-placement medical examination may be required.
Pre-Employment Drug Test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Security Clearance: This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance.
If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship. If you hold multiple citizenships (U.S. and another country), you may be required to renounce your non-U.S. citizenship before a DOE L or Q clearance will be processed/granted.
Note: This is a Career Indefinite position. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for this position.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), located in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay), is a premier applied science laboratory that is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the Department of Energy (DOE). LLNL's mission is strengthening national security by developing and applying cutting-edge science, technology, and engineering that respond with vision, quality, integrity, and technical excellence to scientific issues of national importance. The Laboratory has a current annual budget of about $2.1 billion, employing approximately 6,800 employees.
LLNL is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.