BRANSCOME INC | Fine Grade Bulldozer Operator
Posted on May 18, 2019 by Colas
Branscome is one of the largest heavy highway and general contracting companies in the Mid-Atlantic region. Keeping our team healthy and safe is the most important aspect of our company. Branscome strives to provide advancement opportunities, professional education, and extensive training for every employee.
Operates tractor with blade attached across front to gouge out, level and distribute earth and to push trees, rock, sand, and crushed concrete.
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all federal, state, local and company safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task.
- Operates controls to manipulate tool bars, carriers and disks.
- Operates controls to maneuver tractor and raise, lower and tilt attachment to clear right-of-way
- Operates bulldozer in successive passes to raise or lower terrain to specified grade
- Must be familiar with operation and limitations of various sizes and types of bulldozers
- Must have an understanding of trench safety and safe operation of equipment
- Will be responsible for cleanliness of machine, assures fueling, lubrication and servicing of bulldozer
- Perform all other duties deemed necessary or assigned.
- Three to five or more years of experience in roadway and site construction
- Knowledge of and ability to operate grading equipment (ex. dozers, excavators, motor grader, scrapers and rollers)
- Basic knowledge of soil types, trenching and shoring
- Knowledge of traffic control standards
- Ability to get to and from job sites
Work Place Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to:
Moving mechanical parts, extremes of hot and cold weather, and vibration
The employee is frequently exposed to:
Fumes or airborne particles
The employee is occasionally exposed to:
Wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places, and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Branscome Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer dedicated to promoting diversity and maintaining a drug-free workplace. It is our policy to ensure that applicants are considered for employment based on their qualifications without regard to their race, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), creed, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expressions, sexual orientation, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mentaldisability, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions),immigration status, citizenship, genetic information, medical conditions, protected veteran status, uniform service member status, familial status, marital status, registered domestic partner status or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants are treated on the basis of their job-related qualifications, ability and performance. We are committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants and provide a workplace free of harassment and discrimination. This Policy applies to aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, training and development, promotion, termination, compensation, benefits, and all other terms and conditions of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
If you need accommodation to access the information provided on this website, please contact Branscome Inc. (see below).
Branscome Inc. will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.