Senior Division Operations Administrator
Posted on May 18, 2019 by Lawrence Livermore National Security
Senior Division Operations Administrator
Location: Livermore, CA
Job ID: 105262
Job Code: Business Operations Spec 2 (A01.2)
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where we apply science and technology to make the world a safer place; now one of 2019 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
We have an opening for a Senior Hiring Operations Administrator to direct personnel administration activities. You will be a key part of our team's business operations and activities, strategically supporting the workforce goals and managing all hiring activities, leading a team of administrative staff that supports a variety of people and projects. This position is in the Computation Associate Director's Office.
- Plan, execute, and/or provide oversight to a variety of workforce, operational and organizational requirements and activities on administrative matters.
- Direct and oversee exempt and non-exempt administrative staff to include hiring, training, coaching, mentoring, career development, disciplinary actions, performance appraisals, coordinating work assignments, and participating in ranking and salary activities.
- Independently investigate and identify solutions to administrative and personnel matters.
- Partner with hiring managers to understand strategic workforce goals and job requirements.
- Assist managers with writing job postings, reviewing applicants, scheduling interviews, building hire packages, and coordinating internal transfers.
- Oversee day-to-day hiring activities and process flow; establish and maintain electronic tracking and record-keeping and regularly report status of administrative and operational hiring activities.
- Independently research, create, and interpret personnel policy and make recommendations to hiring managers including ensuring compliance with procedures, regulations and laws, and leading the implementation of corrective actions.
- Represent Computation on work-related committees and lead projects to assess, set and establish protocol and procedures for Computation.
-Perform other duties as assigned.
- Associate of Arts degree in a business or operational area or the equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Experience leading and supervising employees and/or team building skills. Ability to take initiative and build productive relationships.
- Knowledge and understanding of the recruitment life cycle process.
- Experience working with recruiters, serving as a liaison with the HR team, and facilitating hire packages.
- Experience coordinating and prioritizing high volume requests, working in a dynamic environment, and developing inventive solutions to unique administrative and operational challenges.
- Experience working on organizational projects and experience researching, interpreting, and applying related policies and procedures.
- Advanced interpersonal skills with the ability to confidentially handle sensitive hiring and personnel information with tact, discretion, and mature judgement.
- Advanced problem-solving and decision-making skills to anticipate, identify, and independently recommend appropriate actions and solutions to complex administrative problems.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with the aptitude to assume responsibility and make decisions with minimal guidance within a multidisciplinary team.
- Knowledge of LLNL business applications and processes such as LAPIS, LHIRE, LEAP, LITE, VTS, FTS and LTRAIN
- Knowledge and understanding of Computation's hiring processes and procedures.
- L or Q clearance at the time of hire.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance.
If you are selected, we will initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if you meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter.
This is a Career Indefinite position. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for this position.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), located in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay), is a premier applied science laboratory that is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the Department of Energy (DOE). LLNL's mission is strengthening national security by developing and applying cutting-edge science, technology, and engineering that respond with vision, quality, integrity, and technical excellence to scientific issues of national importance. The Laboratory has a current annual budget of about $2.1 billion, employing approximately 6,800 employees.
LLNL is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.