Data Scientist TS/SCI Polygraph
Posted on May 18, 2019 by Leidos
Leidos is currently seeking an experienced Data Scientist to lead an emerging customer effort. This position will have freedom to design and develop methods, processes, and systems to consolidate and analyze structured and unstructured data and will develop information tools, algorithms, dashboards, and queries to monitor and improve customer data processing. The successful candidate will:
- Influence development of solutions that impact strategic project/program goals
- Recommend and develop new technical solutions, products, and/or standards in support of functions strategy and operations
- Lead and manage works of other technical staff that has significant impact on project results/outputs
- Resolve highly complex problems using significant application of technical knowledge, conceptualizing, reasoning and interpretation
- Develop solutions that are highly innovative, and achieved through research and integration of best practice
- Ability to identify, retrieve, manipulate, relate and/or exploit multiple structured and unstructured data sets from various sources, including building or generating new data sets as appropriate
- Ability to initiate the efficient implementation of methods, tools, and algorithms using a comprehensive range of technologies
- Demonstrated strong writing and briefing skills to with the ability to coherently communicate highly complex technical information to senior customer personnel in an engaging manner
- Experience with Hadoop framework, MapReduce, Hive, Pig, or other open source data analytic tools.
Clearance: TS//SCI with Polygraph
Education/Experience: BA/BS in Computer Science, Mathematics or a related discipline with 15 years of relevant experience, or MA/MS in Computer Science, Mathematics or a related discipline with 12 years of relevant experience.