OR Nurse General Surgery Team
Posted on May 18, 2019 by Parkridge Medical Center
DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Parkridge Medical Center - Chattanooga, TN
Parkridge Medical Center has served the community for nearly 40 years. Over the years, we have built a reputation for advanced technology and compassionate care, making us a hospital of choice for patients seeking quality treatment in the community. From our comprehensive cardiac services program to orthopedics and oncology care at The Sarah Cannon Cancer Center at Parkridge, we are proud to be one of Chattanooga's best hospitals for healing. Parkridge Medical Center was the first hospital in the area to offer robotic surgery, and features the area's most knowledgeable and experienced robotic surgery team.
We have 17 OR suites with state of the art equipment and team oriented staff. Our OR teams are Open Heart, General surgery, Orthopedics, Endovascular, Neuro and Urology. Want to work with the best of the best and impact patient lives, come join our family.
Our Operating Room/Surgery teams are currently looking for a Registered Nurse for their general surgery team. This member will be working day schedule (varies from first case at 7am to last case 7pm) with call requirements.
- Properly prepares the patient for surgical procedure, knowing all specific requirements set aside by the manufacture
- Supports physician-led time out protocols.
- Responsible for correct patient positioning.
- Provides updates to appropriate individuals identified by the patient.
- Monitors throughout procedure for prosper sterile technique.
- Oversees quality assurance activities, including counts, and communicating any concerns to the physician.
- Communicate with other departments regarding the transfer and condition of the patient.
- Appropriate labeling and disposition of the specimens.
- Complying with all Infection Prevention and Hand Hygiene recommendations after hand-off.
- Completes Occurrence Reports as needed.
- License: State of Tennessee Registered Nurse or compact state
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification, current
- Graduate of an accredited RN Program
- 1 year Surgery experience preferred