Posted on May 18, 2019 by Pacific Life
As part of the product design team within the Retirement Solutions Division, the incumbent will be responsible for new product pricing on fixed annuities, variable annuities and structure settlement annuities, also assist to expand the modelling capabilities and improve pricing framework for Product Design.
- Lead feasibility analysis and pricing projects for new fixed and variable annuity products, including deriving assumptions, constructing pricing models, performing in-depth risk and pricing analysis, producing product approval presentation, and support product filing and implementation.
- Build and enhance the pricing framework for all product development such as establishing new financial framework on pricing (such as GAAP/Economics), assessing pricing/profitability metrics and improving Pricing Guidelines.
- Responsible for improving pricing process and implementing pricing updates.
- Assist to expand modelling capabilities
- Approve and improve the exception pricing of Structure Settlement Annuity Business.
- Closely work with Sales, Product Implementation, Risk Management, Valuation, Finance, Compliance, Technology, Operations and Marketing throughout the new product pricing.
- Manage and develop 1-2 direct report.
FACTORS FOR SUCCESS:
- Bachelor's degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Computer Science, other related field; Or equivalent work experience
- FSA or near-FSA
- Strong working knowledge in Microsoft Excel; Programming experience desired but not required
- Experience with MoSes or similar actuarial software is a plus
- Understanding of insurance industry and in-depth knowledge of financial impacts is preferred
- Attention to detail; well organized with proven experience in handling multiple projects and meeting tight deadlines
- Effective communication skills to present business solutions in a clear and concise manner
- Managerial experience is a plus
Celebrating 150 years of service in 2018, Employer offers life insurance, annuities, and mutual funds, along with a variety of investment products and services, all of which provide The Power to Help You Succeed. We firmly believe each employee plays a part in our continued growth and success, and we pride ourselves in providing a work environment that is challenging, inclusive, collaborative, and results-oriented. With a powerful past and a strong future, Employer offers an environment where you're empowered to achieve your personal best. In return, we look to your passion and insight to help us grow.
For additional company information, including current financial strength ratings, visit our website. To explore the heritage of Employer and learn more about our history, visit our website.Join the Employer team and watch your career grow!
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes: Competitive salary and bonus program Medical, dental, and vision as part our commitment in investing in the health and wellbeing of our employees Two retirement savings plans: 401k savings plan with company match and Company Retirement Contribution (company-paid) Generous vacation time and holiday pay And much more!
Employer Insurance Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at Employer Insurance Company.