BRANSCOME INC | Staff Accountant - Richmond
Posted on May 18, 2019 by Colas
Branscome is one of the largest heavy highway and general contracting companies in the Mid-Atlantic region. Keeping our team healthy and safe is the most important aspect of our company. Branscome strives to provide advancement opportunities, professional education, and extensive training for every employee.
Primary Job Function
Manage/oversee/control accounts receivable. Assist the regional controller in different accounting areas.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Cash receipts and A/R recording
2. Gross receipts taxes/Business License filing
3. Prepare and process personal property tax filings
4. Process month-end balancing and journal entries
5. Prepare and process sales tax returns
6. Assist with setting up credit accounts and credit limits
7. Assist Regional Controller in completion of assigned tasks during month end, quarterly and year and closings
8. Performs all other duties deemed necessary or assigned
Qualifications & Competencies
1. Minimum of 3 years related work experience in construction or manufacturing
2. Excellent communication and organizational skills
3. Accounting background necessary
4. Attention to details
5. Strong analytical and math skills
6. Experience with Microsoft Office
7. Preparation and presentation of financial reports
Additional Job Standards or Requirements
Preferred: Finance or Business Degree
Required: Bachelors Degree
Physical Demands for Job
Standing 10 % of time
Walking 10 % of time
Sitting 80 % of time
Branscome Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer dedicated to promoting diversity and maintaining a drug-free workplace. It is our policy to ensure that applicants are considered for employment based on their qualifications without regard to their race, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), creed, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expressions, sexual orientation, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), immigration status, citizenship, genetic information, medical conditions, protected veteran status, uniform service member status, familial status, marital status, registered domestic partner status or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants are treated on the basis of their job-related qualifications, ability and performance. We are committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants and provide a workplace free of harassment and discrimination. This Policy applies to aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, training and development, promotion, termination, compensation, benefits, and all other terms and conditions of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. For more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here and here . For notification on E-Verify click here and for information on Right to Work, click here. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you need accommodation to access the information provided on this website, please contact Branscome Inc. at or send an e-mail to: (see below) .
Branscome Inc. will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. For more information, please click here .
Don't have an email address?
Click here to create one!