COLASKA I Secon QC/QA Supervisor
Posted on May 18, 2019 by Colas
Subsidiary: Colaska Inc. (190)
SECON, a company with Colaska Inc., a leader in heavy civil construction in the state of Alaska. SECON builds projects throughout South East Alaska and provides construction materials commercially in Juneau. Colaska Inc. is a subsidiary of the Colas Group, the worldwide leader in transportation infrastructure construction and maintenance.
Plan, direct and supervise company quality control functions and activities as established by Company policy.
- Provide administrative and technical direction to all quality control personnel including personnel administration, resolution of technical problems, development/approval of in house training, etc.
- Act as liaison with owner regulatory agencies, subcontractors and/or internal departments on quality related matters as required
- Insure that company quality control standards are effectively implemented
- Insure adequate corrective measures are implemented in cases of non-compliance
- Perform activities such as audits, preparation of company standards and notification to management of quality problems
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE EDUCATION & SKILLS REQUIRED:
- 4 year engineering degree plus 6 years quality control/quality assurance experience or equivalent
- Thorough working knowledge of regulatory agency quality assurance/quality control activities
- Construction and construction materials experience essential.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills required
- Proven ability to supervise personnel
- Advanced degree or PE desirable
WORK PLACE VALUES REQUIREMENT:
- Comply and abide by Colaska Inc.'s Code of Ethics at all times during employment with the Company
- Learn, practice and share the Colaska Method
- Look for Opportunities to deepen understanding of lean principles and practices
- Align your own vision with the larger goals of the Company, and become a guardian of the Company's Core Values
- Use continuous improvement as a tool to improve process, performance, safety and quality, including looking for ways to eliminate waste
SECON is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer dedicated to promoting diversity and maintaining a drug-free workplace. It is our policy to ensure that applicants are considered for employment based on their qualifications without regard to their race, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), creed, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expressions, sexual orientation, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), immigration status, citizenship, genetic information, medical conditions, protected veteran status, uniform service member status, familial status, marital status, registered domestic partner status or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants are treated on the basis of their job-related qualifications, ability and performance. We are committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants and provide a workplace free of harassment and discrimination. This Policy applies to aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, training and development, promotion, termination, compensation, benefits, and all other terms and conditions of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you need accommodation to access the information provided on this website, please contact SECON (see below).
SECON will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.