Manager, Business Planning & Analysis
Posted on May 18, 2019 by The Friedkin Group
The Manager, Business Planning & Analysis, under the leadership of the Senior Manager, Business Planning & Analysis will work in conjunction with operational areas of GST to identify and report out on the right operational and financial information to assist the business unit leaders in making better business decisions in a timely manner. The Manager will be responsible for understanding the operational areas it supports, assisting with identifying what data and reporting is needed for decision support, ensuring that key performance indicators are identified and monitored, and ensuring financial analysis related to business decisions is prepared correctly and timely to assist business decision makers.
Additionally, the Manager, Business Planning & Analysis, will identify opportunities and/or make recommendations to drive process improvements/efficiencies that will improve overall business unit profitability and/or cost effectiveness.
* Develop accurate and timely reporting, analyses, and forecasting of the company's financial results for the operational areas and at the corporate level
* Understand operational areas and processes to assist with planning and reporting of initiatives and financial results
* Develop mechanisms and analysis of investment decisions and their operational and financial impacts
* Investigate material variances between budget and actual performance, re-forecast results and recommend a course of action to mitigate variances
* Facilitate the annual business plan and monthly close processes
* Understand and promote fixed vs. variable cost
* Respectfully challenge the current financial, reporting and operational processes
* Implement processes that provide insight to assist leadership in making key business decisions
* Assist with process improvement projects in the operational areas
* Partner with GST IT to develop accurate, consolidated, and automated reporting for Business Intelligence
* Other duties may be assigned.
Requires a bachelors' degree with 5-8 years of experience in the field or in a related area or possess an equivalent combination of education and experience.
* CPA preferred but not required
* Experience with Microsoft AX, Cognos, Microstrategy or other BI applications preferred but not required
* Advanced Microsoft Office skills including Excel modeling
* Possession of strong personal code of ethics, including maintaining confidentiality
* Confident, positive attitude, accountable, sets, and meets high expectations
* Strong interpersonal skills with the proven ability to build and effectively navigate relationships across GST
* Proponent of change
* Comfortable in respectfully challenging Senior Management decisions or initiatives
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills
* Demonstrated project management skills
* Able to communicate effectively, oral and written, across all levels of the organization
* Effectively translate financial and operational data concepts to a non-financial or technical audience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of the job, the associate is required on a daily basis to analyze and interpret data, communicate, and remain in a stationary position for a significant amount of the work day; and frequently access, input, and retrieve information from the computer and other office productivity devices. The associate is regularly required to move about the office and around the corporate campus. The associate is occasionally required to travel to other sites, including out-of-state, where applicable, for business. The associate must frequently move up to 10 pounds and occasionally move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While the job is generally performed in an office environment, the associate is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, areas in which moving mechanical parts, fumes, toxic or caustic chemicals are present, and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the office environment is typically quiet, but the associate may be occasionally exposed to loud noise levels.
Minimal travel is required for this position (up to 20% of the time and on a domestic basis).
Is legally able to work in the United States.
The Friedkin Group and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain drug-free workplaces by conducting pre-employment drug testing
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled