Field Service Technician - Dental
Posted on May 18, 2019 by Patterson Dental Supply, Inc.
Who are we looking for as a Field Service Technician?
Patterson Dental is looking for an independent worker who is interested in the field of bio-medical (dental) device and equipment repair.
Field Service Technician Overview:
As a Field Service Technician, you provide repair and installation on a variety of dental equipment and products including networking, computers and software in a Windows environment. The Field Service Technician learns and follows manufacturer guidelines relative to the repair of devices. Training is supplied by mentorship program with other branch technicians, manufacturers, online training courses and the Patterson Technology Center.
Why join Patterson?
Patterson Companies is an industry-leading specialty distributor serving the dental and veterinary supply markets. Driven to meet the needs of healthcare professionals in these growing markets, Patterson provides a total-package approach to doing business.
Our customers benefit from a diverse platform of products and services, as well as the convenience and peace of mind that come with relying on one trusted partner for everything they need.Responsibilities
- Determining parts, supplies or tools needed to complete service requests and using, maintaining, and securing test devices and tools used to adjust, calibrate and repair equipment.
- Managing vehicle inventory and restocking as necessary.
- Ensuring proper vehicle maintenance guidelines and safe driving habits are followed.
- Repairing equipment to meet manufacturer's specifications as well as all company, OSHA or other agencies' policies related to asepsis.
- Providing technical support after initial installation of equipment, PC software and hardware and ensuring that service commitments are met within standard response time.
- Other duties as related to the Service Technician position.
What background and experience is needed as a Field Service Technician?
- The ideal candidate will possess a minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- General mechanical aptitude with prior experience in the areas of carpentry, plumbing, heating, electricity, and/or electronics is required.
- Competencies in the areas of customer service, organization, problem-solving, and interpersonal and communication skills are highly desired.
- A valid driver's license and clean driving record is required.
- Technical training in the bio-medical or electronics field is preferred.
- General computer proficiency, including knowledge of Windows-based programs and experience with peripherals such as printers, backups, scanners and modems is strongly preferred.
What physical capabilities are required?
You must be able to lift up to 100 pounds.
If this sounds like the challenge you are looking for, we invite you to submit your application for the Field Service Technician opening!EEO Statement
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Patterson Companies, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.