Cash Applications Coordinator
Posted on May 18, 2019 by Thompson Hine LLP
We are seeking candidates for a Full time Cash Applications Coordinator position located in our Downtown Cleveland office. This position's chief responsibility will be accurately processing daily deposits by utilizing appropriate research methods and effective communication with clients and attorneys.
Specific functions include, but are not limited to, the following;
- Processing daily deposits for all offices firm-wide. This includes researching the client/matter number, accurately posting all payments into Elite from deposits, timely reconciliation of all payment exceptions, appropriately communicating with responsible attorneys and secretaries regarding payment issues on their clients as needed.
- Posting all wires received for all offices into the Elite system.
- Assisting attorneys and secretaries with their A/R related inquiries.
- Maintaining the balance held in unallocated credits, notifying attorneys of new amounts received and also applying or refunding as requested by the attorney.
- Balancing the daily cash log.
- Preparing and distributing daily collection and billing report.
Qualified candidates will possess a high school diploma or equivalent, and five years' experience in a financial or accounting role in a law firm environment. We will also consider applicants from a banking, professional services, or healthcare background.
The ideal candidate will be well-organized, resourceful, and able to work independently. Must have intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite applications. Good judgement and the ability to resolve complex issues is required. A working knowledge of Elite Time & Billing System and Aderant is highly desired. Excellent customer service skills, phone etiquette, and verbal and written communication abilities are essential functions of this position.