Posted on May 18, 2019 by Gazelle Global Consulting
My client is a prominent and highly regarded solutions provider, experiencing huge client-side demand.
They now require an experience and ambitious Enterprise Architect for an immediate start in Brussels, but also splitting time between Berlin at least 2 days per week.
The candidate's ultimate remit is to act as and Enterprise Architect in the Enterprise Architecture Management Team.
My client is beginning to establish an Enterprise Architecture Management function for an internal IT group, so the main goal is to set up a vision, and basic framework with and for the various teams, taking current strategies and processes into consideration.
In the context of the Group IT formation of the end-user, the Enterprise Architect will:
- set up the Architecture Vision for the end-user in collaboration with the Architecture and IT Strategy teams
- collect requirements from various IT teams and selected stakeholders to understand expectations and potential benefits of the EAM function
- set up a methodology framework for Enterprise Architecture Management:
- manage the definition of the underlying meta model
- support the creation of a group-wide glossary
- document all principles and guidelines in an EAM methodology paper
- collect current as-is architecture landscape information of the various layers, eg applications, technology, data and integration
- Analyze and evaluate the currently used EAM tools and define a tool strategy for Architecture Management based on identified needs
- Form an enterprise-wide IT roadmap covering current and planned initiatives, projects and programs reflecting impacts and dependencies
- Integrate architecture-related processes with other IT management processes like Project Portfolio and IT Service Management
- Regular reporting and insight sharing with Architecture and IT Strategy teams to build a common vision and direction
The successful candidate will have the following attributes:
- Methodological knowledge in Enterprise Architecture Management
- Practical experience in establishing and rollout of EAM functions
- Experience in IT Processes, preferably using standard frameworks like ITIL, TOGAF and COBIT
- Team player with strong collaboration focus and very good presentation skills
- Experience with merger situations and following transformations is a plus
- Fluent in English
- Certifications like for TOGAF is a plus
Full time (8 hours/day) working day:
Meetings and desk activities will be split between Brussels and Berlin (minimum 2 days a week).
Supplier and procurement documentation and meetings with external parties will be in English.
Knowledge of this language is mandatory.
The architect will engage with French, Dutch and German speaking team members.
Knowledge of those 3 languages is a plus but not mandatory.
€100k - €120k Annual