Posted on May 18, 2019 by Gazelle Global Consulting
My client is a prominent and highly-regarded solutions provider supplying consultancy services to a wide array of blue chip clients.
The successful candidate will use their knowledge of coding and programming languages to ensure that all hardware and software components work together correctly.
The candidate will work with production members, software engineers, operations team and QA professionals to make sure that products are configured and implemented successfully.
The main remit of the successful candidate will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Expanding and overseeing the release platform:
From writing and executing test scripts to building software packages, you will ensure that new products are configured and coded properly for successful integration and operations.
They will assemble data on release metrics, oversee the source code management system, maintain multiple build environments, and document steps relating to the release process.
Responsibility for assessing the quality and risks of new products:
Assessing software performance, alongside troubleshooting any issues pertaining to the software's performance.
You will work with Dev teams to resolve any issues and document fixes for use in future reference materials.
- Setting of a release schedule:
Using data analysis and production progress reports, you will organise a release schedule for a software product.
You'll perform integration, oversee release deployment, generate release notes, and configure software to all platforms.
- Assisting the development team:
Building tools to support the software engineering process, review engineering practices, assist in researching new technologies, and meet with the development team to discuss future needs. Also provide ongoing support for completed products.
Skills & qualifications:
- Experience with Azure DevOps and Git is a must
- You understand and can apply branching strategies
- Experience with feature switching is a plus
- Programming - proficient in various computer languages (custom .NET/angular & Mobile applications (Xamarin) and demonstrate a full understanding of programming best practices
- Troubleshooting - testing new software to identify and resolve any potential issues
- Analytical thinking - analysing instructions to create code
- Collaboration - work with software developers, testers, vendors, and others involved
- Communication skills - strong verbal and written communication skills are essential, as you communicate with various personnel and help write manuals and reference materials
- Time management - in order to make new software products available to the public in a timely manner, we rely on you to build systems and fix bugs according to schedule
- Change management - adapt to any changes in the process and can meet rescheduled deadlines
- You will closely work with other IT architects & Technical experts
- You automate where possible
- You like being challenged
- You support multiple Agile teams
- You are and committed to remaining aware of the latest tools and technology