Posted on May 18, 2019 by Juice Resource Solutions Limited
Role: Data Engineer
Salary: GBP 50,000 + Per Annum
An advanced Artificial Intelligence and Travel Technology company. We are a successful high growth technology company with offices in Kerry and Dublin. Our approach to analytics at the core, makes this a unique opportunity for a Data Engineer to work in an advanced, AI driven environment where we focus on creativity and the successful growth and development of our team.
A unique approach which combines Data Science and Customer Experience techniques to increase short term conversions & revenue and the long-term customer performance of our partners. Our technology, our team and our products are gaining global acclaim for our innovation and approach. Every new team member is carefully selected to ensure not only that the company will continue to disrupt the travel industry but that each new member has a clear path to grow and develop.
The position requires a Data Engineer with excellent experience in high volume transaction environments.
The responsibilities include:
- Working as part of a product development team to ensure operational data is fit for purpose for analysis and data science
- Design of ETL processes and data models to support product development, data analysis and data science
- Design and implementation of data management processes across operational databases, data marts, data warehouse and the data lake
- Managing all operational data processes and policies aligned with global and EU legislation
- Ensuring data quality and advising the organisation on best practice
Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years' experience in data management roles
- Experience in key database technologies: MongoDB, MySQL, Redshift
- Excellent skills in data management Scripting via SQL, Python, Java etc.
- Experience in Data management technologies Spark, Hadoop (EMR),
- Experience in Data queues/streaming via Kafka/Elastic Search
- Database technologies are MongoDB, MySQL, Redshift
- Experience in working with AWS
- Ability to work well in an agile team while taking responsibility for core development decisions
- Comfortable with customer facing discussions on data requirements
- A self-starter who is happy to take responsibility to lead data management discussions and projects
Due to the volume of applications, we regret that we can only respond to those meeting our above requirements.