Unified Communications/VoIP Engineering Manager
Posted on May 18, 2019 by Request Technology - Kyle Honn
Unified Communications/VoIP Engineering Manager
Reporting to the Sr. Director of Network and Telephony, the Manager Engineering - Voice and Unified Communications, will manage the Tier III organization that is responsible for architecting, building and maintaining the nation-wide Voice Collaboration Network, Voice Data Centers, Unified Communications (UC) and Contact Center systems. These systems support our Warehouses, Corporate and Sales Offices in our company's forty-four divisions with the goal of 100% availability. A large nationwide refresh project is in progress that will bring the Company MiTel and Avaya voice implementations onto the Cisco Platform. Along with the physical elements that are being added, the Wide Area Network will also be architected to bring the two merged companies on to the same network. There are also opportunities to solidify the Contact Center management and introduce features and functionality onto this platform.
- Build, manage, and lead a very strong team of Network Voice Engineers utilizing a combination of technical, administrative, supervisory, and leadership skills.
- Consolidate three disparate telephony systems onto one Cisco platform. Build and maintain the voice infrastructure environment so that it is architected to be cost effective, stable, scalable, and retain the appropriate capacity. Lead the team to develop and document technical standards for the voice infrastructure.
- Utilize your technical experience and the Network Engineering -Voice to manage the following three domains of the UC engineering environment to include:
- Manage all required and assigned work be completed on time, within budget and with a high degree of quality.
- Manage vendors, contractors and OEM partners to ensure successful deployments of the network infrastructure elements produced by your team.
- Partner effectively with other groups including our BRM, SDM, IT Procurement, Finance, Project Management and Delivery teams.
- Guide team to develop life cycle management capabilities for the voice systems to achieve and maintain the current environment that can take advantage of new features and functionality and to ensure that all voice elements are under a valid maintenance contract.
- Continually assess your team's strengths and weaknesses in order to make them successful with all challenges presented to them. Mentor, motivate and coach your team members to ensure the team, and individual, are successful, engaged, and motivated.
- Work closely with our Business Relationship Managers, PMs, and BAs to capture the project scope and requirements. Design solutions that are cost effective, stable, resilient and sized correctly.
- Partner closely with the Manager of Network Support who manage our Tier II Network Operations Team. Along with your team, act as an escalation point in order to maintain the effectiveness of all systems managed by the Voice Services organization.
- Partner closely with the Manager of Network Engineering to build a cohesive Network Architecture that supports all telephony, Unified Communications, and Contact Center applications.
- Eliminate repetitive problems within our voice infrastructure by conducting root cause analysis and implementing permanent corrective actions. Introduce new architectural solutions and standards as needed to improve the networking environment.
- Own and resolve VIP issues as they relate to Voice, UC, and Contact Center.
- Design and build Disaster Recovery solutions that will enable our operations to continue in the event of a declared emergency.
- Work closely with our Platform and End User Services partners to understand their requirements for a resilient network infrastructure.
- Prior experience managing a high performing team tasked with Architecting and Engineering the Voice, UC, and call center infrastructure; including Tier III support to the organization.
- Strong interpersonal skills at multiple levels in the organization including technical team members and executive leaders.
- Prior experience developing resource plans and budgets for projects and support that technical teams are tasked with, including equipment, vendor services, and internal labor.
- Prior experience developing and implementing processes and procedures.
- Prior experience managing telco partners
- Solid experience with Managed Services Vendor Management and OEM Management.
- Solid experience with Data Centers (Voice Infrastructure).
- Solid experience with Cisco Contact Center, Cisco Unified Communications, Cisco Networking, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field.
If this is an opportunity that you're interested in please email your resume to: