Posted on May 18, 2019 by Request Technology - Kyle Honn
*We are unable to sponsor as this is a permanent full time role*
- Consider user needs and business requirements to plan system architecture.
- Collaborate with Solution and Domain specific Architects to select appropriate design solutions or ensure the compatibility of various system components.
- Attends and represents the Cybersecurity Engineering team during collaboration and planning meetings
- Define and prioritize essential system capabilities or business functions required for partial or full system restoration after a catastrophic failure event.
- Develop information assurance designs for systems and networks with multilevel security requirements based on Company's data classification standards.
- Document and address Company's information security, information assurance architecture, and systems security engineering requirements.
- Document design specifications, installation instructions, and other system-related information.
- Ensure all definition and architecture activities (eg, system life cycle support plans, concept of operations, operational procedures and maintenance training materials) are properly documented and updated.
- Evaluate current or emerging technologies to consider factors such as cost, security, compatibility, and complexity.
- Identify the protection needs (ie security controls) for information system(s), network(s) and document appropriately.
- Perform security reviews, identify gaps in security architecture, and develop a security risk management plan.
- Advise on project costs, design concepts, or design changes.
- Provide input on security requirements to be included in statements of work and other appropriate procurement documents.
- Translate proposed technical solutions into technical specifications.
- Define and document how the implementation of a new system or new interfaces between systems impacts the security posture of the current environment.
- Document and prioritize technical risks throughout the system life cycle.
- Define and document maturity metrics in alignment with NIST security controls
- Knowledge of authentication, authorization, and access control methods.
- Knowledge of cryptography and cryptographic key management concepts.
- Knowledge of Embedded systems and Internet of things.
- Knowledge of how system components are installed, integrated, and optimized.
- Knowledge of industry-standard and organizationally accepted analysis principles and methods.
- Knowledge of information assurance principles and organizational requirements to protect confidentiality, integrity, availability, authenticity, and non-repudiation of information and data.
- Knowledge of information technology architectural concepts and frameworks.
- Knowledge of information technology security principles and methods (eg, Firewalls, demilitarized zones, encryption).
- Knowledge of network access, identity, and access management (eg, public key infrastructure [PKI]).
- Knowledge of network design processes, including security objectives, operational objectives, and tradeoffs.
- Knowledge of client and server operating systems.
- Knowledge of secure configuration management techniques.
- Knowledge of key concepts in security management (eg, Release Management, Patch Management).
- Knowledge of security system design tools, methods, and techniques, including automated systems analysis and design tools.
- Knowledge of technology integration processes.
- Knowledge of the systems engineering process.
- Skill in applying and incorporating information technologies into proposed solutions.
- Skill in determining how a security system should work, including its resilience and dependability capabilities, and how changes in conditions, operations, or the environment will affect these outcomes.
- Skill in discerning the protection needs (ie, security controls) of information systems and networks.
- Knowledge of Personally Identifiable Information (PII) and Payment Card Industry (PCI) data security standards.
- Knowledge of information technology (IT) supply chain security and risk management.
- Knowledge of network security architecture concepts, including topology, protocols, components, and principles (eg, application of defense-in-depth).
If this is an opportunity that you're interested in please email your resume to (see below)