Compliance Consultant 5 - International T&V COO
Posted on May 18, 2019 by Wells Fargo
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Within Wells Fargo Compliance, the Enterprise Testing group is responsible for establishing and maintaining a consolidated Enterprise Testing program at the corporate level. Enterprise Testing is responsible for developing a common methodology and standards, providing governance and oversight, executing testing; and conducting horizontal reviews. Testing and validation teams are responsible for implementing the Enterprise Testing methodology and standards, and executing group- specific testing.
Within Enterprise Testing, International Testing & Validation performs testing of Regulatory Compliance, Financial Crimes, and Operational risks for the non-US regions including Canada, LatAm, EMEA, and APAC.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Organize and lead monthly all hands calls and other team/manager related meetings
- Tracking and coordinating remediation of International T&V owned issues including preparing response material that will be submitted to WFAS and regulators
- Maintaining SharePoint sites owned by International Testing & Validation
- Represent International T&V on Enterprise Testing forums
- Coordinate and respond to all WFAS and regulator queries
- Manage space and recruiting needs for the team including tracking of recruiting metrics
- Ensure all training tracking and skills assessments are completed as required by WF Compliance
- Project leadership and support as required
- Onboarding and off boarding processes
- Offshore and contractor program management including monitoring against required service agreements
- Finance and expense management including budgeting
- Participate and support records management and BCP initiatives
- Lead team engagement initiatives including tracking of all recognition
***Please Note: Based on the volume of applications received, this job posting may be removed prior to the indicated close date. If you do not apply prior to the closing of this posting, we encourage you to apply for other opportunities with Wells Fargo.
- 10+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 10+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 5+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Experience consulting, influencing and partnering with business executives, leadership, human resources partners and peers
- Ability to identify and present processes/operational enhancements
- Ability to make timely and independent judgment decisions while working in a fast-paced and results-driven environment
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Knowledge and understanding of financial services industry: compliance, regulatory, or legal operations
- Knowledge and understanding of Shared Risk Platform (SHRP) such as reporting and issue management
- Ability to prepare management level presentations
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience providing "credible challenge" to business partners when necessary, with the ability to lead through influence
- Knowledge of Wells Fargo's risk management framework and tools
- Experience with on-boarding employees, recruiting, SharePoint, training and skills assessment
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Business, Finance, or related field
- Experience in Audit, Compliance, Risk, and Testing
- Critical thinking
- Ability to mobilize people
- Ability to travel up to 5% of the time
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.