Operational Risk Manager 4 - Commercial Banking Financial Crime Strate
Posted on May 18, 2019 by Wells Fargo
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our four major business lines include Corporate & Investment Banking, Commercial Banking, Commercial Real Estate, and Wells Fargo Commercial Capital. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
The Wholesale Control Organization (WCO) is a newly formed organization within Wholesale Banking that is responsible for supporting Wholesale lines of business with risk strategy, implementation, and execution to meet regulatory, corporate, and group risk management requirements and expectations. This group interfaces with Independent Risk Management teams (f/k/a second line of defense) and third lines of defense, as well as risk teams supporting each Wholesale business. It has five risk operations groups, a control strategy and implementation unit, and ten business control teams charged with providing consistent implementation of enterprise-risk programs across Wholesale. Through proactive coordination, WCO delivers an integrated risk strategy producing a sustainable control environment and demonstrable culture of strong risk management.
The newly established Commercial Banking Group is the largest transactional business in the Wholesale banking group. It is a newly formed group combining Middle Market Banking, Business Banking Group and Government & Institutional Banking. The person selected for this role will be responsible for strategic initiatives and change management of appropriate risk controls for the combined businesses to ensure compliance with Financial Crimes Risk Management (FCRM) and Wholesale banking policies and standards.
This leader will serve as a senior leader for major strategic initiatives for Commercial Banking Financial Crime Risk and Control. This role includes management of a team of strategy, business initiatives, financial crimes and operational risk consultants and managers. Key core competencies for this role are leadership, business acumen in risk management, strategic planning, process improvement, change management expertise and project management. This leader will be responsible for leading project/ working teams and managing all activities in the project/ initiative lifecycle (initiation planning, executing/controlling, and closing) demonstrating ownership of the entire process from beginning to end. Projects/ initiatives will range from low to high visibility, low to high complexity, and short to long-term duration with substantial impact across Commercial Banking channels, systems, and customers. They will be responsible for the effective management of the project/ working teams formed to execute project/ initiative objectives and relationship management with sponsors and stakeholders, as well as creating and delivering executive level presentations on project/ initiative goals, plans, progress, and risks/issues.
Responsibilities may include:
- Developing and implementing a change management program to ensure compliance with financial crimes risk for the combined commercial banking group
- Identifying and implementing new controls as businesses work towards single platforms and a streamlined relationship management view of the customer
- Influence and negotiate with senior management and lead large matrix project teams
- Demonstrating the ability to build collaborative partnerships across business units, creating alliances among diverse stakeholders
- Applying process improvement techniques (current state assessment, target state design, gap analysis, process flows, etc.) leading creation of relevant process improvement deliverables
- Partnering with WFCRC Strategy and Implementation team to ensure all new controls can be implemented in an efficient and effective way to manage financial crimes all whilst building out strong risk culture within the commercial banking offices
- Partnering with the central Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Operations team to ensure high quality work product is produced
- Developing a strong feedback loop to relationship staff regarding control metrics and additional training
- Developing and implementing all controls for portfolio's that transfer from other LOBs (more suited in commercial banking), assessing new product risk or delivery channels in which products are offered and new customers on-boarding
- Help monitor the regulatory environment and Wells Fargo's compliance position regarding assigned laws, regulations and policies and analyze on an on-going basis the regulatory requirements that are best managed through coordinated response
- Communicate issues and new developments regarding assigned laws and regulations throughout the compliance community, as necessary
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
As a Team Member Manager , you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
- 10+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 10+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 5+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
- 5+ years of management experience
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner
- Experience developing, implementing and monitoring a risk-based compliance program to assure compliance with federal, state, agency, legal and regulatory requirements or providing oversight to a compliance function
- Ability to manage initiatives including: detailed planning, process management, and documentation
- Knowledge and understanding of documenting, creating, and implementing corporate wide policies
- Ability to manage complex data and reporting projects requiring coordination of resources at different levels both internally and externally
- Ability to implement a solution and communicate, in clear business terms, the benefits of the proposed risk management approach
- Ability to influence executive decision-making and successfully negotiate critical issue resolution related to program initiatives
- Knowledge and understanding of policy documentation creation
- Ability to manage projects or programs including active and pipeline projects for adherence to enterprise guidelines
- Knowledge and understanding of financial services industry: compliance, regulatory, or legal operations
- Ability to work across multiple lines of business leading large scale initiatives
- Experience building partnerships and consulting effectively with leadership
- Master's degree, Law degree
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
..... click apply for full job details
$90k - $120k Annual
$100k - $120k Annual
$100k - $120k Annual
$100k - $120k Annual