Registered Nurse - RN - IMCU Step-down
Posted on May 18, 2019 by Ascension
Are you a Registered Nurse with at least 18 months of experience looking for a per diem opportunity?
IF so, join our amazing team at Saint Agnes Hospital in Baltimore! #Nursing #DreamJob
Why Join Ascension?
- Exceptional Reputation: For more than 150 years, Saint Agnes nurses have embodied the spirit and mission of the hospital by providing excellence in nursing practice with quality patient-and-family centered care.
- Transformational Healthcare Environment: Our care teams collaborate between each other nationwide. Through working and learning together, we can create standards of excellence to be used across the system. We embrace change if it will improve the outcome for the patient.
- Compensation/Benefits: At Ascension, we provide a competitive compensation package inclusive of a wide range of flexible benefit options. We support work-life balance through generous paid time off and encourage spirituality in the workplace.
Nurses are at the heart of the care we provide. We work together to achieve a highly collaborative nursing environment that leads to more positive outcomes for you and your patients. We are committed to working together to create change. As you embark on the next step in your nursing career, we'd like to invite you to take it with us. Join our team of over 800 physicians and 3,000 nurses and associates working in a wide variety of specialties every day to provide the best care in the Baltimore area.
- As a Saint Agnes RN, you will have the opportunity to implement and monitor your patient's care plans, including monitoring, recording and communicating patient conditions as appropriate.
- In your role, you will serve as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care, along with notating and carrying out physician and nursing orders.
- Towards the end of your patient's hospital stay, you will also assess and coordinate your patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
Our Stepdown Intermediate Care (ICMCU) and Cardiovascular 001 Unit are sister units where all staff are cross trained:
Cardiovascular Unit 001: 12-bed unit that provides multi-leveled care to a variety of patient populations, including IMCU, ICU and Telemetry. Nurses are ACLS certified and have the skill set to be able to manage high acuity patients as well as those that are more stable.
IMCU: 20-bed fast-paced unit caring for critically ill patients that require intervention and/or assessment more frequently than every 4 hours. The greatest concentration of patients are DKA requiring insulin drips, chronic trach patients requiring vent support and frequent suctioning, early sepsis, and GI bleed with active bleeding. It is a unit that challenges your critical thinking abilities and fosters a great deal of growth in your nursing skills and confidence
- Per Diem Tier 1: Our Tier 1 opportunities require a minimum commimtment of 36 hours (three 12-hour shifts) per six weeks. No weekend or holiday commitment is required. You may of course choose to work more hours than that / weekends & holidays but it is not part of the minimum requriement for this tier level.
- Rotating shifts (7A-7:30P & 7P-7:30A)
- This position is not benefit eligible
For more than 150 years, Saint Agnes Hospital, part of Ascension, has been dedicated to the art of healing by providing exceptional care to the greater Baltimore area. Built on a strong foundation of excellent medical care and compassion, Saint Agnes and the physicians who practice here are committed to providing the best care for our patients for many years to come.
What You Will Need
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Maryland Board of Nursing or current home state license for multi-state license recognition "Compact State" obtained prior to hire date.
- Certified BLS Provider specializing in Health Service Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date. Or military CPR-First Aid training.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- At least 18 months of Registered Nursing experience required (stepdown acute care, intermediate care, critical care or similar)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
As an equal opportunity employer, Saint Agnes Hospital does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, veterans status, military service, or any other legally protected status.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.