Medical Technologist - General Lab
Posted on May 18, 2019 by Ascension
We Are Hiring
Medical Technologist 1 - General Lab SJOH - PRN,Rotating - Ascension Macomb - Oakland Hospital-34028 - Madison Heights,MI
Shifts will vary.
Why Join Ascension?
Our Mission, Vision and Values: Ascension Michigan, as a Catholic health ministry, is committed to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals in the communities we serve, with special attention to the poor and vulnerable.
What You Will Do
As an associate with St. John Health-MI, you will have the opportunity to perform laboratory testing of patient specimens in one or more sections of the laboratory.
- Perform diagnostic/analytic testing of specimens. Interpret, document and report test results.
- Perform quality control testing, instrument maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Verify analytic accuracy, precision, sensitivity and references ranges for test methods.
- Serve as a resource to staff as needed.
- Participate in orientation, education, and training of other laboratory and SJPHS personnel, residents, students, and consumers.
- Maintain knowledge of current trends and technical advances in laboratory operations, including attendance at inter/intra laboratory meetings and in-services.
- Assist with development and revisions of laboratory policies and procedures, data collection, or special projects as assigned.
What You Will NeedLicenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- One or more of the following:
- One of the following is required: certification or certification eligible at hire and certified within one year of hire/transfer date as a Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS) by the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOC) or certification as a Medical Technologist (MT) by the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOC). Certification or certification eligible at hire and certified within one year of transfer/hire as a Medical Technologist in a single lab discipline by the ASCP-BOC is acceptable for positions within that lab discipline. Canadian Medical Laboratory Technologist certification by CSLT/CLMLS is also acceptable.
- Bachelor's Level Degree
- Bachelors degree from a regionally accredited college/university, including 16 semester hours of biological science (with one semester in microbiology), 16 semester hours of chemistry (with one semester in organic or biochemistry), one semester of mathematics or post-secondary diploma (Canadian applicants) required Successful completion of a NAACLS accredited Medical Laboratory Science program, or three years of acceptable clinical laboratory experience under the pathologist, in lieu of an accredited program, is required
- One year of clinical laboratory experienece as an ASCP certified scientist preferred. Must meet education/experience requirements as outlined by ASCP-BOC.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Michigan provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: . Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Ascension Michigan will be reviewed at the e-mail address supplied.
Thank you for considering a career with Ascension Michigan.
Ascension Michigan participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E -Verify (link to E-verify site)