Surgical First Assistant Heart Team Sign on Bonus!
Posted on May 18, 2019 by Ascension
We Are Hiring
Surgical First Assistant - Surgery - Full-Time, Rotating - Via Christi Hospital St Francis - Wichita, KS
Why Join Ascension?
Via Christi Health, a part of Ascension, is the largest healthcare provider in the state of Kansas and is a nationally recognized. The ministry operates a network of hospitals, home care services, clinics, ambulatory surgery centers, imaging centers, and other health services. We provide care in 22 cities; and employ approximately 6,300 employees.
Our benefits and culture are two aspects of Via Christi that we feel set us apart. We offer tuition reimbursement that is available to both part-time and full-time associates in any position. In Wichita, we also offer child care for day shift workers through our Child Development Center. We also offer a unique program, Breaking Bread, that allows employees to join senior leaders for a meal and conversation about what is working well and ways we can work together to improve. It's one small way we give employees a voice and work together to offer the best care possible for our patients. Other reasons to join the Via Christi team include:
- Via Christi is more than a place to clock in and clock out. It's a career where your talent and passion for delivering quality healthcare can make a difference for patients, team members, and the community.
- Opportunity for You to Impact Your Local Community: In the 2016 fiscal year, Via Christi provided $77.8 million in community benefit by providing free medical care to persons living in poverty, educating health professionals, and supporting local community health efforts
- A Passionate Team: Ascension associates are leaders who follow their heart. We give, grow, connect and provide care; together as a team we are committed to our mission of serving the poor and vulnerable.
- In Wichita, we were voted Best in Town by the Wichita Eagle's 2017 Readers' Choice Awards and named in Becker's Healthcare 2017 list of 100 hospitals and health systems with great oncology, neurosurgery and spine programs. We were also recognized to be one of the top 10 cities for best work-life balance.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Via Christi Health, you will have the opportunity to provide direct assistance to surgeons during surgical procedures specifically for the Heart Team.
- Positions patient to give best exposure for surgical procedure, using stabilizing equipment when necessary, while maximizing patient comfort and safety.
- Provides visualization of the operative site using appropriate method, including manipulation of tissue and materials, retraction, sponging, suctioning and irrigation.
- Utilizes appropriate technique to achieve temporary and permanent hemostasis.
- Assists with body plane closure, application of wound dressings and securing of drainage systems.
- Assist in room clean up and the removal of the soiled case cart, supplies, and trash from OR room as needed at the completion of the surgical case.
- Participates as a surgical team member in the preparation of the surgical suite according to surgeon's preference cards with appropriate instruments, resources and supplies.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Surgical Assistant credentialed from the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA).
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required.
- None required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension Health - VIA Christi participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E -Verify (link to E-verify site)