Business Systems Analyst
Posted on May 18, 2019 by Ascension
We Are Hiring
Business Systems Analyst
Patient Accounting - Full Time , Day
Seton Health Plan and Dell Children's Health Plan
Quarry Lake - Austin , TX
Why Join Ascension?
At Seton, we're using the power of purpose to change healthcare for the better.
As part of Ascension's Texas Ministry Market we do this through collaboration. Seton brings great minds and proven results from the across the nation together. From the best hires and strategic plans for growth, to the proactive connections we make within our community, we reach out to move ahead. Now, partnering with the University of Texas to build the new Dell Seton Medical Center, our future looks brighter than ever.
We do this in force. With more than 12,800 associates, Seton is the leading healthcare service provider in Central Texas as well as its second largest employer. We serve an eleven county area of more than 1.8 million people. We have five urban acute care hospitals, two rural hospitals, a mental health hospital, three primary care clinics for the uninsured, and an increasing number of storefront care locations.
We do this with vision. Since our founding in 1902, Seton has led the way in Austin --- expanding thoughtfully and with purpose; caring for our neighbors, because we know them so well. As a non-profit with a mission --- rather than a bottom line --- guiding us, improving health at a community level is our number one priority.
It's our home, and our heart.
Located at the center of Texas hill country --- just a few hours from Dallas, Houston, and San Antonio --- Austin offers an appealing blend of hometown comfort and high-tech care. Whether you are looking for a vibrant nightlife and live music, recreational areas and activities, family-friendly fun, or educational offerings, Austin is a city that not only calls to you, but gently encourages you to sit down and stay awhile.
With cultural diversity, a mild climate (and truly great outdoors), attractive and affordable housing options, and no state income tax, Austin is a feel-good choice for a rewarding way of life.
The way we connect,
the lives we affect.
The Seton Healthcare Family is always looking for dedicated, talented professionals willing to share their hearts with those we serve. Being part of our close-knit team means performing to a higher standard. Embracing innovation, while understanding the importance of individual connections. And continually collaborating, learning and growing to realize new levels of personal and professional satisfaction.
What You Will Do
As a Business Systems Analyst with Ascension Texas | Seton Health Plan and Dell Children's Health Plan , you will have the opportunity to evaluate , implement and maintain assigned claims data analysis and business systems analysis
- Analyze ABS Smart Health data and claims data
- Pull claims data from the system using SQL queries
- Use SQL Server daily to store claims data
- Program data extracts and use SQL queries
- Collect data for AmeriGroup through an understanding of functional business areas and applications needs
- Assist in planning and implementing activities required for the collection and analysis of data related to departmental business needs , including the development of data collection systems
- Maintain specific departmental data collection systems (e.g., databases and spreadsheets) by troubleshooting problems , providing user support and education and promoting integration with other systems
- Develop and run basic SQL queries and other data collection spreadsheets to support assigned business areas and organize them in a format for ease of review and use
- Distill business processes to key functions and create and document processes to identify opportunities to automate and / or improve an existing process
- Assist in conducting complicated and detailed analyses of data relative to the applicable business function
What You Will Need
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required
- None required.
- Claims data experience is strongly preferred
- Healthcare claims data experience is strongly preferred
- SQL Server experience is strongly preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
Seton Healthcare Family is an equal employment opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and complies with all applicable federal, state and local equal employment regulations and laws. It is the policy of the Seton Healthcare Family to afford equal employment opportunities to all employees and prospective employees without regard to their race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic or status that is protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all personnel actions, such as hiring, promotion, transfer, demotion, termination, layoff and all other conditions and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Seton Healthcare Family is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
$65 - $65 Annual
$100k - $100k Annual
$100k - $115k Annual