Lead Recreational Therapist
Posted on May 18, 2019 by Ascension
We Are Hiring
As a Lead Recreational Therapist, you are an integral part of within our Healthcare system. We are hiring a Full Time Lead Therapist-Recreational for our Skilled Nursing Facility Therapy at Ascension St. Mary's Standish. This is primarily a day shift that will require one evening shift. You will also be rotating weekends and holidays with other department staff.
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Standish Hospital is a not-for-profit, critical access medical center delivering healing-edge care to permanent and seasonal residents as well as vacationers throughout Arenac County and surrounding communities. We offer 25 acute and critical care beds, 29 skilled nursing beds, and a wide variety of state-of-the-art outpatient services. Our staff, medical expertise, and technology go far beyond that of most hospitals our size.
· More Than a Job: Working for Ascension is more than just a job. It's a career where your talent and passion for delivering quality healthcare can make a difference for patients, team members, and the community.
· Strength in our People: At Ascension, we believe our people are our strength and we invest in them. In addition to the chance to have a positive impact on the people and communities we serve, associates benefit from significant professional opportunities, career advancement, training and competitive wages. We also support work-life balance and spirituality in the workplace.
· Benefits: Medical, dental, vision, PTO, Holiday Pay, Tuition Reimbursement, and much more.
Why Join Ascension?
What You Will Do
What you will do:
As a Lead Recreational Therapist, you will have the opportunity to lead the delivery of quality patient care and adherence to policies, procedures and therapy protocols.
- Contributes to efficient operations by assisting with coordinating activities, prioritizing workflow and promoting decision-making and problem solving.
- Creates and manages the schedule of activities for patients
- Performs the duties of a Therapist. Provides consultation for and/or management of patients requiring complex or advanced treatment.
- Serves as a positive role model for staff and patients by working with them to promote teamwork and cooperation.
- Actively participates in the process of monitoring, guiding and evaluating staff performance.
What You Will Need
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Therapist specializing in Recreation credentialed from the National Council for Therapeutic Recreation Certification (CTRC).
- Chauffeur License for the State of Michigan
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required.
- Bachelor's in Recreational Therapy with CTRC Certification
- 1 year of experience required.
- Experience working in a Skilled Nursing Environment
Equal Employment Opportunity