Posted on May 18, 2019 by ITech Consult
Our client is an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists offering a broad range of professional services.
The IT Lead will provide oversight and Line Manage of IT Analysts within or across our client's offices, while providing the responsibilities of an IT Analyst as needed. The role is customer service-oriented, focused on being proactive in anticipating and resolving technology issues and requirements staff may experience within our client's office and/or using the technology services provided by Digital technology, while maximizing efficient use of computing resources. This is a Level 2 support role in a typical IT support infrastructure. The number of IT Services Lead roles will be based on the number of IT Services Analysts in a region, also taking into consideration geographic locations
* Primary contact with office leadership
* Scheduling system outages
* Supporting special events/AV/VC events
* Office Communications
* Coordinating and arranging office training for technology systems
* Software Compliance
* Following up and ensuring that local office software versions are current and compliant
* Ensuring that rollouts are completed in accordance with project timelines Forecasting
* Forecasting of technology requirements for local office (includes laptop upgrades)
* Responding to and resolving Service Desk Incidents within the agreed SLA
Responsible for local Server Room/Comms Rooms/Data Centre.
* Includes coordinating contractor works
* Scheduling System upgrades
* Working with Service Teams to schedule upgrades
* Responding to monitoring alerts
* Any contractor works relating to server/comms rooms
* Laptop builds/upgrades
* Liaising with local contractors eg AV/VC contractors for installation of office systems
* Responding to local security incidents
* Personal Computing (HP, Macintosh, etc.).
* Mobile Computing (iPhone, iPad, Samsung etc. as outlined by office/regional policy.
* Microsoft Windows Operating System, Macintosh OSx (limited).
* Microsoft Office 365 and associated services (ie OneDrive for Business, Skype for Business, etc.).
* Video Conferencing hardware/software based on global standards.
* Office Printers/Copiers as outlined by office/regional policy.
* Supervisor of Client Services Analyst(s) within and/or across our client's offices.
* Responsible to ensure defined service levels and requests are addressed in a timely manner within each office providing oversight in.
* Escalates to Regional Client Services Lead as required
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field and prior experience working in a professional services organization
* Substantial experience working in a regional/global organization providing desktop support services in a Microsoft environment (ie Windows, Active Directory, Office 365, Outlook, Skype for Business, OneDrive, Anti-virus, Remote Access, etc.) while managing team(s) responsible for desktop/mobile support function.
* Familiarity to technical software solutions from Autodesk, Bentley, Trimble, etc. are a plus
* Familiarity to software solutions from Adobe, Bluebeam, Cisco, Symantec, etc. are a plus
* Familiarity with IOS and Android mobile devices and Mobile Device Management tools
* Experience using a Ticketing system like ServiceNow
* Collaborative, consultative and effective in a consensus-based decision-making culture.
* High energy, motivated, open-minded and willing to embrace innovation and new technology
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills; communicating to all levels within an organization
* Be a self-starter who takes initiative to work and develop holistic solutions
* Continually exercises critical thought and judgment to determine the most appropriate action
* Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to develop and maintain relationships with representatives from various organizational offices and levels.
* Track record of success in team environments.
* Strong attention to details.
* Foster the potential and development of staff to enrich their experience in DT and help with their career plans. Provide clear coaching, guidance, feedback and assistance as needed.
* Substantial level of experience assisting clients with their technology related needs
* Providing technical oversight for 6-10 IT Analysts or responsible for satellite offices
* supporting up to 2500 business staff
* Solves more complex problems or problems where precedent may not exist and other requests for support and determines appropriate actions, takes a new perspective using existing solutions
* Provides guidance to own team on technical issues
* Strong level of English - written and spoken
Reference No.: 918250FK
Role: IT Lead
Location: Co. Dublin
Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Permanent
€400 - €450 Daily
€500 - €600 Daily