PeopleSoft Programmer Analyst (Technical Developer)
Posted on May 18, 2019 by Hampton Roads Transit
Position: PeopleSoft Programmer Analyst (Technical Developer)
Department: Technology Department
Reports To: Director of ERP Services
The PeopleSoft Programmer Analyst primary responsibility will be to provide production support for PeopleSoft HCM and PeopleSoft Financials to include on-going maintenance to download and apply PeopleSoft delivered fixes, bundles, maintenance packs and tax updates. Support will also involve the maintenance, troubleshooting and development of application modules and interfaces. Position requires strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to work with business functional users to comprehend business requirements for system development and modifications. Responsibilities to also include the design, development and unit testing of small to medium project work. The ideal candidate will have a can do attitude and the ability to make pragmatic and practical decisions without compromising the integrity of the PeopleSoft application.
Essential Job Functions: (Duties listed are not intended to be all inclusive nor to limit duties that might reasonably be assigned.) Use of PeopleTools and other PeopleSoft development tools to perform enhancements, fixes and customizations to our PeopleSoft application, provide production support, and develop reports for end users. Candidate will work with end users to understand requirements in order to design technical solutions that are in line with business needs while staying consistent with the application architecture.
Maintain PeopleSoft systems by performing PeopleSoft required system updates and maintenance on a periodic basis. Must be technically oriented (good problem solving and troubleshooting skills), excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), self motivated and self directed, good multi-tasking skills, quality oriented, flexible, and committed to successful on-time completion of tasks.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Perform maintenance and development work in a manner that is consistent with company standards and procedures;
- Gather requirements, design, build and test of production fixes and enhancements per client specifications;
- Create requested documentation supporting system design, code and testing;
- Download and apply PeopleSoft delivered fixes, bundles, maintenance packs and tax updates released by PeopleSoft.
- Re-apply customization in conjunction with application patches and tools upgrades.
- Designs, develops and tests assigned modifications, interfaces, reports and etc based on functional requirements
- Manage records created and received in compliance with the Hampton Roads Transit Records Management Policy and Procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining a general awareness of HRT's EMS
- Responsible for handling all related job responsibilities in accordance to HRT's Environmental Policy, relevant EMS Standard Operating Procedures, and Emergency Management Plan
Required Knowledge, Abilities and Skills essential to Job Functions:
- Demonstrated experience developing application customizations, interfaces and reports
- Ability to logically troubleshoot technical problems. Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong programming skills and techniques and a good understanding of relational databases
- Understanding of the systems development life cycle
- Ability to learn and support new application processes and/or procedures
- Ability to effectively and efficiently manage work and maintain focus on assigned tasks
- Ability to consistently follow through on assigned tasks and meet deadlines
- Must have strong writing skills and be able to create technical design documents, unit test scripts, etc.
- Proven success in contributing to a team-oriented environment
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong focus on quality and customer satisfaction
- Both self-disciplined and self-motivated
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with end-users, technical team members and management.
Nice to Have:
- Infrastructure support experience.
- Experience with XML
- Experience with Integration Broker
- Strong integration skills using PeopleSoft EIPs (Enterprise Integration Points).
Required Software Knowledge and Skills essential to Job Functions: Proficiency in using computer systems and the listed software applications associated with performance of assigned work is essential. Basic problem solving skills associated with software applications used is expected. Software usage relevant to job duties will be evaluated.
Software applications: Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows products (Excel, Word, Access)
Training and/or Education: Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Systems or other Related Technical Field.
- 4+ years Technical PeopleSoft experience with SQL, SQR, PeopleTools, PeopleCode, PS/Query, Datamover, Application Engine, Component Interface, Workflow and Change Assistant
- 4+ years experience using SQL
- 3+ years PeopleSoft HR experience with two or more of the following HCM modules: Core HR, Base Benefits, Payroll, Time and Labor or Recruiting
- 2+ years PeopleSoft Financials technical experience with two or more of the following Financial modules: Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, General Ledger or Purchasing
- PeopleSoft upgrade or implementation experience
- Proven PeopleTools upgrade experience
- 3+ years proven experience applying PeopleSoft Payroll Tax Update & MP, SP and bundles for PeopleSoft HCM.
Licenses or Certificates: Virginia Driver's License
Special Requirements: This position is classified as essential personnel.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work requires high-speed operation of keyboard devices. Also requires lifting and transferring of computer equipment as needed.
Unusual Demands: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work involves meeting multiple demands on a timely basis.