Posted on May 17, 2019 by St. Paul's United Methodist Church
The Custodian/Snow Removal individual, as a member of the Maintenance Team, strives to keep all aspects of the grounds of St. Pauls United Methodist Church (UMC) clean, safe and in good operating order.
- Create and maintain a positive line of communication with staff and church members regarding the clean and safe operation of all St. Pauls UMC facilities
- Promote the efficient and cost-effective use of resources and facilities
- Provides backup to Maintenance Coordinator and other custodians as needed
- Embrace the ethical and Christian environment at St. Pauls UMC
- Demonstrate big picture mentality when interacting with all audiences regarding St. Pauls UMC and its ministries
- Assist Maintenance Coordinator in the maintaining of inventory of tools, resources, equipment provided by St. Pauls UMC for the ongoing maintenance, custodial and security needs
- Understand and support corporate decisions in the operation of St. Pauls UMC
- Snow removal as needed; primarily sidewalks, walking paths and steps (no parking lots)
- Cleaning and maintenance of Parlor, Welcoming Spaces and Library
- Cleaning and maintenance of hallway on main floor of Sanctuary wing
- Cleaning and maintenance of stairs at 14 th Street, and 2 nd and 3 rd Avenue entrances
- Cleaning and maintenance of new bathrooms on main floor
- Removal of trash and recycling on the main floor Sanctuary wing
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
- Ability to climb on the roof of St. Pauls UMC facilities to interact with vendors
- Missions Ownership: Demonstrates understanding and full support of the mission, vision, values and beliefs of St Pauls UMC.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the skills of active listening and openly accepts criticism. Productively engages and resolves interpersonal conflict. Holds others accountable in a spirit of love. Engages people positively, with a demeanor of optimism and abundance.