Assistant Restaurant / Pub Manager
Posted on May 17, 2019 by Recruitment Genius
1. In liaison with the owners lead the overall co-ordination of all of the day to day restaurant and bar tasks including:
a. preparing to open in the morning
b. co-ordinating restaurant bookings and table layouts
c. cellar management
d. dealing with unexpected challenges during opening hours
e. end of day tasks
2. Wait at table, serve at the bar and carry out all operational tasks as required
3. Supervision and on the job training of the bar man and waiting staff
4. Stock control of the cellar, including wines and spirits and all other stock requirements for the bar and front of house
- Waiting and bar experience - silver service would be useful as would experience with cocktails but not essential
- Excellent planning and organising skills
- Excellent team skills
- Motivated and driven
- Detail conscious
- Leading others
- Basic salary of £23,000 to £26,000
- Salary reviewed every 6 months, bonuses paid (at owners discretion) for exceptional performance and contribution
- 28 days holiday including days in lieu for BHs
- Pension Scheme
- On the job and formal training
They are a small family business with an exciting and original brand offering that is gaining local and national media attention.
They are seeking an experienced, energetic and self-motivated front of house specialist to assist and support us in taking the restaurant to the next level in its development.
Situated in an area of outstanding natural beauty, Wadhurst High Street is approx 30 mins walk away. Tunbridge Wells is approx 15 mins drive or 10 mins by train, central London can be reached by train in less than an hour.
Car ownership is not essential although this would be useful.