Desktop Support Analyst
Posted on May 17, 2019 by First American
Join our team! As a global leader in providing title insurance, settlement services and risk solutions for real estate transactions, First American Financial Corporation (NYSE: FAF) is an ideal place to build your career. We have been entrusted with helping our customers achieve and protect their dream of homeownership since 1889. As a member of the First American family of companies, First American Home Warranty offers a wide range of home warranty products and services to home sellers, buyers and agents. We believe that our people are the key to the company's continued success. Because our employees enable our future, we invest in theirs by supporting their careers and promoting their overall wellbeing. First American has created an award-winning culture and has been named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® 2018 list for the third consecutive year and to more than 50 regional Best Places to Work lists. For more information, visit .
Provides personal computing support to business staff, responding to trouble tickets. Install or setup computers and software, perform problem resolution and maintain defined IT standards. Has a frequent interaction with customers using a high degree of patience and problem management techniques to solve problems. Follow through on resolution with users. Consults solution base to optimize problem resolution. Tracks calls and enters solution data into solution base.
- Install and sets up computers for business staff.
- Researches, resolves, and responds to questions received via telephone calls, tracking system, and callbacks in a timely manner, in accordance with standards. All activity is documented in the tracking system.
- Escalates problems to appropriate individual based on established guidelines and procedures.
- Perform site inspections.
- Acquires and maintains current knowledge of relevant product offerings and support policies to provide technically accurate solutions to customers.
- Participates in and supports assigned internal special projects, including facility projects, special implementations, etc.
- Tests and ensures applications are correctly installed and configured on the computer.
- Participates in team projects to enhance the technical infrastructure or improve quality or efficiency of problem resolution process.
- Works with users to provide limited desktop training.
- May assist with Server and/or LAN support.
- Use and contribute to the knowledge base to resolve issues using KCS methodology.
- Provide accurate and creative solutions to user problems of moderate nature to ensure user productivity.
- Analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors.
- Errors may cause business disruption.
- Recognizes risks associated with performance of duties assigned and escalates issues/concerns as required.
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Understanding of technology disciplines to set up and repair complex desktop systems and issues with limited assistance
- Experience configuring and testing desktop systems with limited supervision.
- Basic knowledge of project management to act as team member
- Thorough understanding of ACD system and trouble ticket process to provide problem resolution and coordinate with other units.
- Demonstrated problems-solving skills to ensure quick and efficient problem resolution.
- Demonstrated experience in providing excellent customer service.
- Good communication, problem solving skills and telephone etiquette.
- Ability to use Desktop standards and follow guidelines, as well as help others interpret policy.
- Excellent organizational skills to maximize effort and time.
- Proficiency in Windows Operating Systems and Microsoft Office applications.
- BS / AS degree, equivalent work related experience, or technical certifications
Typical Range of Experience
- Typically 2-4 years of directly related experience
License or Certification
- Microsoft Workstation Certifications preferred
- KCS Foundations preferred
First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer. For more information about our Company and our dedication to putting People First, check out firstam.com/careers.