Travel Agent Trainee
Posted on May 17, 2019 by AAA East Central
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Answers telephones, screens calls and directs caller to the appropriate Agent for service;
- Assembles, balances, and prepares customer payments (including cash, checks and credit card charges) for deposit on a daily basis;
- Performs inquiries and entries through Apollo airline system pertaining to documents, flights, schedule changes, seat assignments, final payments, etc;
- Maintains accurate filing system of itineraries, invoices, billings, hotel confirmations and other office paperwork;
- Maintains supply, organizes and updates travel brochures and reference materials;
- Prepares and assembles airline tickets for mailing;
- Orders and maintains office supplies;
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Must possess good customer service and communication skills;
- Must possess general math aptitude;
- Experience with airline reservation systems and/or travel school preferred;
- Ability to enter data on automated computer system with speed and accuracy;
- Outstanding interpersonal skills;
- Will have the availability to work within the posted office hours.
We offer full-time employees an outstanding benefits package including: medical, prescription, dental and vision coverage; life insurance and disability coverage; FREE AAA Plus membership; paid time off (vacation, personal, holidays and sick days); and a 401(k) with a generous match.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Please send resumes to