Junior Graphic Designer
Posted on May 16, 2019 by VADO
VADO is a leading British bathroom brassware manufacturer providing high quality taps, showers, accessories and fittings to customers across the globe. Our proven ability to support large scale developments has established VADO as a name to trust. VADO products have been selected and fitted into some of the most high profile hotel and leisure constructions and refitting projects around the world. VADO have won numerous awards, such as 2018 'Best Tap Brand' at the BKU awards.
- At VADO, we don't compromise on our design or manufacturing - superior quality taps, showers and accessories are our passion. From product design to our seven step hand polishing process, we manufacture our products to last - outstanding quality comes as standard
- VADO has a renowned reputation for creating products that deliver the best possible user experience, whilst using water sustainably
- We understand there are a lot of changes to make when searching for your perfect kitchen or bathroom fittings, with an overwhelming amount of confusing information and advice available. At VADO, we don't think it needs to be that complicated. We think all you need to know is that when you choose a VADO product, you are getting the very best of British design and exceptional quality
- At VADO, we believe in channelling our expertise and engineering know-how into innovative brassware technology to deliver outstanding products that offer a truly sensory experience. We work to ensure all of our product designs are harmonious with all sanitary ware, so when you choose VADO, your choice of coordinating items is unlimited
VADO is proud of its people and culture. It is the excellence portrayed by our people that makes us who we are. VADO has grown rapidly to become one of the largest bathroom brassware manufacturers in the UK, and our people have been key to that success. We are based in Cheddar, Somerset, and employ circa. 200 people. At VADO, you will be joining an energetic and vibrant team, with the opportunity to take a future step in your career and on-going development. We offer competitive holiday entitlement and pension scheme, alongside training and development opportunities for you to perform and thrive.
Please visit our extensive website, and also visit us on our social media platforms - Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram and Houzz.
This role within the vibrant Product & Marketing team supports and develops marketing initiatives, with a view to better targeting both our B2B and B2C customer base. This varied role will provide support to the Senior Graphic Designers to drive and deliver the creative direction of campaign initiatives, using an understanding of typography, layout and art direction, to drive both B2B and B2C strategy. The role will have a high level of exposure to graphic design projects including catalogues, in store displays, posters, adverts and packaging.
Specific job role responsibilities:
- Produce creative print ready artwork for various projects as required using current graphic design software such as InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Assist in the creation of digital design work, including display banners, email footers and infographic for social media platforms
- Support with large scale catalogue production, from initial design brief to completion and distribution, ensuring overall design and development of key publications are in line with product and marketing communication strategy
- Collaborate with the sales team on POS display requirements for customer showrooms, ensuring design and layouts deliver on brand messaging
- Create and produce other required sales collateral as required, including individual leaflets, posters and bespoke customer catalogues
- Deliver on any bespoke packaging requirements, and oversee label production
- Regular management of image libraries to support the graphic design function
- Support the tactical execution of the marketing communications strategy through support within the Marketing department as required, including exhibition organisation and photography
Key skills, abilities and competencies:
- Possesses a degree in Graphic Design (work experience in this area advantageous, however not essential)
- High level of proficiency using Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Creative thinker, with knowledge and interest of latest design trends
- Ability to work under pressure to meet targets/deadlines
- Possesses high levels of accuracy, organisational skills and attention to detail
- The ability to ensure projects are brought to fruition on time, from initial brief to production
- Positive and motivated attitude, with proactive and positive approach to daily tasks and outcomes
- Ability to interact and cooperate with all company employees and customers alike
- The willingness to voice ideas and opinions, contributing as part of the wider team
We actively encourage applications from candidates who meet most, but not necessarily all of the specified criteria. Skills can be further developed if you believe you have the right attitude and a willingness to learn.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send your current CV and covering letter, alongside some recent examples of your work from University and/or work experience. The deadline for applications is Friday 31st May 2019, with interviews to be held with w/c 3rd and w/c 10th June 2019.