Android Software Engineer
Posted on May 16, 2019 by Sky Betting & Gaming
As an Android Software Engineer in our Bet tribe, you'll be responsible for the building and maintenance of a number of Apps across the business, including the successful SkyBet Android App.
We want you to help us build the best user experience in our industry and maintain our position as a clear leader in mobile.
With unique performance challenges of supporting the traffic that comes with major sporting events like the Grand National or 100s of thousands of customers all checking their bets in the final 5 minutes of a football game, our products not only have to be the best in the market but scalable and resilient too.What you'll do…
You will be part of an agile, native app squad responsible for the delivery and upkeep of our flagship product.
We keep the squad small in the "two pizzas" sense, with your role providing the operational expertise across the full stack for the squad.
- Development and maintenance of our flagship Sky Bet Android app
- Advocate improvements to the current development process
- Ensure the squad can meet the security, regulatory and compliance requirements that come with ensuring reliable and trusted solutions to requirements
- Collaborate with your squad and others to resolve engineering problems and incidents
- Involved in the full delivery process from elaboration to the delivery in the Play Store
- Play a proactive part in owning the technical systems your squad works with; taking responsibility for monitoring, measuring performance and addressing technical issues when required
- Work in an agile way, with other developers and test engineers, alongside the Tech Lead and Product Owner
- Identify opportunities to utilise the latest technology trends to improve the customer experience
- Skilled in Java/Kotlin
- Familiar with the Android SDK
- Understanding of HTTP protocols, requests and responses
- Familiar with using Gradle, JUnit, Jenkins, Git
Sky Bet is the UK's most popular online bookmaker which means your work will have a real impact on the experience of millions of customers. You will be contributing to systems which handle more transactions every Saturday than Amazon on a typical Black Friday and rely on low latency, real-time data processing. It's an exciting and unique opportunity to play a pivotal role in the future development of a product of this scale.
We really care about your professional development. As a member of a technical team, you'll get 10% of your working week to dedicate to self-directed learning and development.
Attractive relocation package for candidates that live outside the Yorkshire region, including those outside the UK.
Our People Ambition is to attract & develop diverse & talented people to meet the current and future growth needs of SB&G. Together, our aim is to create the Best Digital Business to work at .Mon to Fri - Standard