Information Security Snr Analyst
Posted on May 16, 2019 by PepsiCo
Job Description The Cybersecurity Incident Response Senior Analyst is responsible for the response to security incidents, threats and vulnerabilities. Within the Cyber Fusion Center organization, this role requires the ability to fully engage in all phases of the incident lifecycle, including the skills to analyze event logs, computer artifacts, and other data sources to contain and resolve incidents or events, provide recommendations for remediation and determine the root cause.
- Identify, respond, and mitigate sophisticated threats to PepsiCo computer networks.
- Conduct incident response activities, including advanced investigation (forensic, malware analyses etc.) to investigate potential intrusions and develop remediation guidance.
- Perform the activities necessary for the immediate, short-term rapid resolution of incidents to minimize production down time and risk exposure.
- Maintain a professional communicative relationship with clients and management to provide information throughout the incident, problem, and change management cycles.
- Coordinates and drives efforts among multiple business units during response activities and post-mortem.
- Proactive monitoring of client environments using specialized security applications.
- Provide timely, comprehensive and accurate information to Information Security leadership in both written and verbal communications.
- Develop the requisite expertise, knowledge, and ability to perform independently.
- Lead and mentor other staff members on incident response, analysis and tools.
- Routinely develop and update incident response playbooks to ensure response activities align with best practices, minimize gaps in response and provide comprehensive mitigation of threats.
- Participation in after hours on-call rotation when required.
- 5+ years of work experience in information security, especially in an Information operations / incident role.
- Bachelor or master degree in Information Technology or related discipline.
- Well seen are relevant technical security certifications (GIAC, EC-Council, ISC-2 etc.); optional as well security architecture/management certifications (ISO27000, ISACA, etc.).
- Hands-on troubleshooting, analysis, and technical expertise to resolve incidents and service requests; previous experience in troubleshooting day-to-day operational processes such as security monitoring, data correlation, security operations etc.
- Proven experience performing analysis of security events and incidents, to determine root cause and provide resolution; working experience against advanced persistent threats is well seen.
- Hands-on digital forensic and/or malware analysis experience is a plus.
- Strong working knowledge of at least three of the following security tools: host-based antivirus, anti-spam gateway solutions, firewalls, IDS/IPS, server and network device hardening, data loss prevention, forensics software, vulnerability management, website security.
- Competence in using both internal and external ticketing systems for ITIL-based incident, problem and change management.
- Solid customer orientation with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- A team-focused mentality with the proven ability to work effectively with diverse stakeholders.
- An ability to effectively influence others to modify their opinions, plans, or behaviors.
- Proactive attitude, seeking for improvement opportunities which can positively impact the security posture and the business.
- An ability to work extremely well under pressure while maintaining a professional image and approach.
- Decision-making capabilities, with an ability to weigh the relative costs and benefits of potential actions and identify the most appropriate one.
- Very good English, both written and spoken.
Job Type: Regular