Associate Director, Market Access Marketing
Posted on May 16, 2019 by Jazz Pharma
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an international biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients' lives by identifying, developing and commercializing meaningful products that address unmet medical needs. We are continuing to expand our commercial product portfolio and our research and development pipeline in therapeutic areas that can leverage our unique expertise.
Our therapeutic areas of focus include sleep and hematology/oncology - areas in which we have a deep understanding of the patient journey and a suite of products and product candidates to address critical needs.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our team. If you're looking to be a part of a company with an unwavering commitment to improving patients' lives and being a great place to work, we hope you'll explore our career openings and get to know Jazz Pharmaceuticals.Responsibilities:
The Associate Director (AD) of Market Access Marketing is responsible for developing access strategies and tactics in support of brand objectives. The AD will be an active partner and participate in the development of commercial brand strategies with brand marketing to ensure appropriate market access alignment. In partnership with cross-functional partners, this position will act as the strategic and tactical market access lead for assigned products responsible for the development and implementation of Payer value proposition and promotional/non-personal tools and tactics for use with third party payers, including Managed Care organizations, Government agencies, and Hospital Institutions, as well as other channel customer types. This individual will work cross-functionally with the various internal Market Access Account teams, including Payer Account teams, Field Access and Reimbursement teams and Wholesaler/Pharmacy Account team to ensure that they are equipped with programs, tools, and messaging to optimize customer engagement.
This position will report into the Senior Director, Market Access Marketing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the development and execution of strategic marketing plans within Market Access to secure optimal payer coverage/policy and physician/patient access for assigned products and/or franchise
- Lead the creation/revision of Payer value propositions and optimized messaging for assigned products in close collaboration with Health Economic colleagues in support of market access strategies
- Leads the development of personal promotional and non-personal promotional materials, programs, and tactics to support Payer Account teams, Access and Reimbursement team, and Wholesaler/Pharmacy Account team to impact or influence public and private payer access in support of brand strategies
- Collaborates with the Business Unit Marketing and Field Sales leadership to lead the development of effective access pull through strategies, initiatives, and tools for use by Field Sales in communication of formulary access related messaging
- Manage agency and vendor relationships in developing promotional programs and materials aligned with access/brand strategy
- Leads the Market Access approval process for marketing programs and materials, including the internal Medical/Legal/Regulatory review process
- Works closely with market access colleagues in Pricing & Contracting and Trade & Distribution roles to ensure strategic alignment and optimal payer/patient access objectives are achieved
- Maintain ongoing market access/segment level situational assessment and understanding for assigned products through market research (including Payer Advisory Boards), payer account feedback, direct customer interactions, published industry reports, policy updates and/or payer analytics tools to identify any potential market access threats or opportunities
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with external business partners, including brand and payer marketing agencies, consultants, and data analytics vendors, as well as internal departments such as Marketing, Sales, Analytics, Training, Compliance, Medical, Regulatory, and Legal
- Creates and oversees annual Market Access Marketing budgets and is accountable for ensuring that individual programs and tactics are delivered on time and within forecasted budget
- Bachelor's degree required
- MBA or other advanced degree preferred
- 8+ years of related experience in the pharmaceutical, medical device, or biotech industry, preferably in marketing
- 4+ years of related experience in payer/channel/trade pricing and patient services and/or account management and/or managed markets marketing preferred
- Sleep disorder or CNS experience preferred
- Proven record of success in working with cross-functional teams; demonstrated ability to successfully influence multiple levels of an organization, both internally and externally
- Experience/knowledge of traditional formulary pull through strategies and tools preferred
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and project management skills
- Proven record of successful vendor management, specifically as lead for agency partners
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Demonstrated history of good judgment, problems solving, strategic thinking and decision making abilities
- Experience successfully managing budgets
REQUIRED EDUCATION / CERTIFICATIONS / LICENSES
- College Graduate-Bachelor's Degree minimum
- Travel required
CONTACTS (INTERNAL & EXTERNAL)
- All direct reports to Market Access Leaders
- Franchise Leaders and Business Unit Marketing colleagues
- Sales force
- Medical/Legal/Regulator/Compliance personnel
- HEOR personnel
- Third party vendors and agencies
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.