Retail Sales Manager - Randolph, NJ
Posted on May 16, 2019 by Staples
Retail sales management professionals, don't pass up this opportunity to take your next big career step with the world's leading office products and services company. Staples needs your expertise! This is an opportunity for you to assume a more substantial role, in which you can make a visible impact not just through your retail leadership, but also as a business professional, as you drive Staples technical services portfolio and our business-to-business network.
As a Sales Manager, your main responsibility will be to lead and cultivate a high-performing team that focuses on solution selling and providing world-class customer service, with the goal of achieving store sales goals and profit targets. You will also build out your store's network of repeat business customers, presenting them with the Staples solutions that will best help to drive their own profitability. You will play a leadership role in championing Staples' company values and commitments.
Your specific duties in this role will include:
- Engaging and inspiring store teams to achieve maximum performance by modeling behavior that fosters a sense of energy, ownership, teamwork, and personal commitment
- Pursuing, attracting, hiring, coaching, and retaining talented associates for key roles and setting clear performance expectations
- Sharing responsibility as the "Manager on duty" and total store operations
- Creating a culture of consultative selling with an emphasis on developing ongoing professional relationships with top customers
- Maintaining accountability for results within the Easy Tech & Mobile area
- Partnering with other store managers to champion a customer-centric environment
- Overseeing the timely completion of required training for all store associates
We are looking for a Sales Manager with a strong track record of leading a team competently and confidently while also creating an exceptionally positive and satisfying customer experience. You should be flexible and adaptable when it comes to exceeding customer needs and expectations. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to inspire passion and foster a sense of teamwork and community among your staff.
Specific qualifications for the role include:
- High school diploma or GED
- 3-5 years leading a sales team in a retail or service environment
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or related field
- Passion for technology, production, and office solutions
- Experience in selling to small businesses in a Retail or Service environment
- Ability to network and build community involvement
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities
- Experience and confidence leading a team of consultative selling
- Ability to coach a diverse team of individuals and hold them accountable for results
For the past 30 years, we have built a global reputation for our world-class retail, online, and delivery capabilities, which allow our customers to shop however and whenever they want - whether it's in-store, online, or on mobile devices. As we continue to grow, we are looking for experienced and innovative Sales Managers to work in our retail outlets.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits, plus plenty of room for professional development and advancement throughout the company. If this sounds like the kind of career move you've been wanting to make, and if you meet our qualifications, we want to talk with you. Contact us today!
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.