Marketing & PR Assistant -12 month Fixed-Term
Posted on May 16, 2019 by TRL
About The Role CIQHP
The Smart Mobility Living Lab (SMLL) is a new venture being created between TRL and DG Cities, a wholly owned subsidiary of The Royal Borough of Greenwich, to establish and operate a Connected and Autonomous vehicle testing facility in London. SMLL will develop solutions for national and international clients in the areas of Intelligent Transport Systems, Ultra Low Emission Autonomous Vehicles and Public & Private Smart Mobility Transport. This role is an opportunity to support the business in building the SMLL brand and driving business growth in a rapidly expanding but disruptive market.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated, task oriented individual to be based from our Head Office in Crowthorne Berkshire in support of the SMLL business winning team, the project comms team, and the TRL marketing team. You should have a basic grounding in marketing gained within a corporate environment, combined with a strong interest in developing your skills across Marketing, PR and Communications. This is an important role in a fast moving environment.
Part of the role is focussed on delivering a specific campaign for a group of high profile customer brands, requiring diplomacy and determination to deliver against their expectations.
Whilst based from Berkshire there will be a requirement to travel to customer, event, and the SMLL sites in East London.
- Support in building, maintaining and managing the SMLL brand through the development and communication of key thought leadership messages at defined target audiences
- Support the creation, implementation and reporting of multi-channel marketing campaigns
- Coordinate and attend industry events and trade shows
- Build a prospect database with intention of future email marketing campaign
- Assist sales to define customer focussed services, solutions and their value propositions
- Ensure SMLL brand guidelines & values are reflected through TRL activations
- Support Project Comms activities such as -
- Organise events including press conferences, exhibitions, open days and facility tours and prepare all associated publicity material
- Prepare and edit newsletter, case studies, sales documents
- Create content to support sales by working with internal and external industry stakeholders
- Create, maintain and update publicity related information on the SMLL website
- Implement a PR and Thought Leadership strategy for SMLL
- Lead the delivery of dedicated campaign for Shared Research Programme
- Provide content for social media
- Provide content for monthly marketing report with support from the wider project delivery team
Skills & Experience
Suitable candidates will ideally be of graduate calibre with experience in a B2B marketing role. Experience of working in a transport related business or technical consultancy is an advantage, but not essential. An agency background would also be acceptable.
You must also be able to demonstrate competencies across the following key areas.
- Highly organised and able to manage multiple projects against deadlines
- Ability to work unsupervised but collaboratively
- Ability to lead and manage meetings and produce clear records of action plans and decisions
- Confidence with social media including blogs, Facebook, Twitter, etc
- Ability to take a verbal brief or interpret existing sales or technical material and convert into first draft written content for use as blog/press release/case study/newsletter/webpage
- Attention to detail with a high level of accuracy
- Excellent administrative and IT skills (including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Presentation skills are highly desirable
- Willingness to learn and use Adobe Creative Suite
At TRL we offer a competitive benefits package including:
- Support for professional memberships and study
- 25 days annual leave
- Life Assurance cover and Group Income Protection
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible benefits package