Food Service Associate-Food & Nutrition - PRN (3:30p - 7:30p)
Posted on May 16, 2019 by Mercy Medical Center
Scheduled Hours per 2 week Pay Period: 0
Primary Location: IA > DES MOINES > MERCY MEDICAL CENTER
Requisitions supplies and replenishes inventory. Hot and cold food production for retail services. Maintains sanitary and organized environment. Practices and abides by food codes and applicable regulatory and accrediting agency requirements to provide safe food to our customers. Serves customers in a professional manner with great customer service.
- Hot and cold food production for retail sales.
- Sliced fruit, vegetables, desserts, meats for retail production and sales.
- Sets up for café sales- stock food and paper products.
- Checks food temperatures frequently throughout shift. Documents temperatures on applicable forms. Notifies Supervisor immediately of any food out of compliance.
- Monitors temperature of freezers, refrigeration, dishwasher and heating units throughout shift. Documents temperatures on appropriate forms. Notifies Supervisor immediately of any food out of compliance.
- Maintain refrigeration units in clean orderly condition, compliant with food codes and regulatory agencies.
- Requisitions, transports and replenishes foods and supplies to replenish the inventory in the café.
- Inspects items for integrity. Rotates stock, disposes of outdated products or less than optimum quality or correct temperature.
- Properly wraps, labels, dates food items.
- Portions and packages cold food items; stocks and cleans refrigerated display cases inside and out.
- Makes coffee, juice and smoothies; replenishes and cleans beverage-dispensing machines and areas.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work area, the café serving and seating area, and equipment.
- Pushes food carts, racks and dish bins.
- May cook at the grill, fryer, or sandwich grill.
- Deep cleans refrigerators, counter tops and cupboards, tile, and entire café serving and seating areas including microwaves, tables, chairs and tray return. Cleans and sanitizes utensils and equipment.
- Maintains signage daily.
- Uses standardized and non-standardized recipes and ingredients to prepare, create, and process foods.
- Assists in other areas as requested.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Knowledge of several subjects in order to prepare reports, perform calculations and/or deal effectively with other people. Ability to read and write.
- Experience in restaurant or food service operations preferred.
- Requisition ID: 2019-R
- Schedule: Part-time
- Market: Mercy Medical Center