operating Room Coordinator
Posted on May 15, 2019 by Aspen Valley Hospital
DAY SHIFT BETWEEN 6:00A- 3:00P , 40 HOURS A WEEK, WITH THE ABILITY TO FLEX ACCORDING TO UNIT NEEDS.
BENEFIT ELIGIBLE: YES
Under general supervision and according to established policies and procedures, provides clinical support during working hours (day shift and call; this position will be in the call rotation but not on the schedule for staffing) for Perioperative Services. Monitors all scheduled cases, assesses special requests and supply needs for scheduled cases, acts as resource for Perioperative staff, supports Perioperative Services staff in orientation, standardization, training, and case performance in Ortho and all other specialties as Directed by the Perioperative Services Director. Assists in monitoring competence of scrub personnel in Perioperative Services and provides shoulder to shoulder mentoring as needed. Also, provides suggestions to Perioperative Services Director for department education. Provides orthopedic and all service expertise to assist in the elevation of orthopedic and all practice and standardization. Works with Ortho Aspen and all other specialty Surgeons/Leadership and Designated Perioperative Services Educator/Director to research and provide national best practice to Perioperative Services staff as decided by Perioperative/Ortho Aspen and all other specialty Leadership. Provides support as a conduit with Ortho Aspen and all other specialties, Surgeons and Anesthesia regarding Ortho Service Line. Communicates and coordinates in a knowledgeable and courteous manner with others. Maintains confidentiality of patients, medical staff and other employees. Supports the image of the hospital and medical staff within the hospital and the community.
- Certified Scrub Tech or RN
- 2 years of experience in the OR
- Certification within a year within appropriate OR classification
- Clerical experience preferred
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English
- Spanish preferred
- Normal patient care environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust and temperature
- May be exposed to communicable diseases through normal or careless performance of responsibilities
- May be exposed to mechanical dangers associated with mechanical devices
- May be exposed to stressful situations