Direct Care Staff
Posted on May 15, 2019 by Advocates
The Direct Care Staff is responsible for supervising the daily activities of the clients, providing ongoing support, guidance and role modeling and facilitating client improvement in the areas of personal responsibility, social skills, community living skills and behavior.
Advocates promotes a healthy work-life balance and offers many generous perks of employment and room for advancement. We are a strong-knit community that values the ideas and contributions of our staff.
Are you ready to make a difference?Minimum Education Required High School Diploma/GED Additional Shift Details Schedule: Thursday 2:30p - 11p, Friday 2:30p - 11p, Saturday 8:00a - 11p Responsibilities
- Under supervisor's direction, provide ongoing support, guidance, role modeling and supervision to clients. Ensure a clean, safe and home-like environment.
- Identify and address community integration issues for clients.
- Develop and document Program Comprehensive Assessments (CAs) and reviews, outlining rehabilitative goals and interventions, which reflect program participant preference and meet Department of Mental Health and Agency standards.
- Participate in the development of the Individualized Action Plans (IAP) and attend other treatment meetings, including weekly staff meetings.
- Document daily CBFS notes. Communicate program participant's progress, mental status, and any changes in daily notes.
- Perform interventions with clients that address their identified goals and result in skill development. Provide crisis intervention and access emergency services as needed.
- Provide linkages to other program staff and service providers.
- Monitor and document medication administration.
- Participate in core training and maintain certification of required trainings (CPR/First Aid, Crisis Management, MAP).
- Bachelor's Degree in related field; or high school diploma/GED and one year of related experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and ability to exercise sound judgement.
- Strong computer skills.
- Must hold a valid driver's license, have access to an operational and insured vehicle and be willing to use it to transport clients.
- Strongly prefer a candidate that will have a demonstrated understanding of and competence in serving culturally diverse populations.
Advocates is an EOE/D/F/M/V.
Why Should I Consider a Career in Human Services?
Our Team members are dedicated to engaging and empowering individuals by forming lasting relationships, collaboratively achieving personal goals, offering creative solutions to everyday and complex situations, and actively listening. We exercise independent judgement and contribute to the overall success and benefit of the Team.
Is Human Services a Fit for Me?
Successful Team members are open-minded, eager and compassionate, and will exercise solid, independent judgement while fostering trustworthy relationships with the individuals that we serve. We put the individual first.
Keywords: direct care, direct support, residential counselor, residential support, group home, group living environment, GLE