Asst Manager - Retail I
Posted on May 15, 2019 by Delaware North
The Employer Sportservice operation at Nationwide Arena - home to the NHL's Columbus Blue Jackets -- includes six private party towers, clubs, suites, concessions and premium dining areas.
But it's not just the fans who benefit from the arena's food experience; Employer's executive chef-led culinary team at Nationwide Arena offers a lesson in healthy cooking to Blue Jackets prospects during summer developmental camp.
In addition, Employer operates retail services for the team at Nationwide Arena, including the Fox Sports Ohio Blue Line team store.
Our Diner-themed concession stands offer traditional arena fare such as hot dogs, pretzels, popcorn, assorted Pepsi products and a wide variety of beers featuring Ohio Local Breweries such as Land Grant and BrewDog.
Our Grille-themed concession stands add a few twists to the traditional fare with a variety of hot sandwiches at the Chef's Corner and the always popular Bacon-On-A-Stick.Responsibilities
The Assistant Retail Manager will be responsible for:
- Supporting management in overseeing retail store, portable locations, retail sales and retail employees. Manage implementation of retail programs for stores and portables to meet corporate standards and achieve revenue goals. May act as Retail Manager is his/her absence.
- Ensure proper hiring, promoting and termination of Retail Supervisors and employees; provide instruction on company policies and procedures to supervisors and ensure proper follow-through. And ensure proper staffing for all events in accordance with union contract.
- Manage in-store merchandising and display to ensure maximum visual impact and revenue generation. Monitor in-stock position of approved merchandise programs and inventory control at store level to ensure procedural and policy compliance.
- Implement customer and employee promotions. Provide direction to retail supervisors on implementation. Adhere to company directives on physical inventory and reporting.
- Maintain RetailPro system. Audit security procedures to ensure compliance with company guidelines, and provide corrective action plans as needed.
- All other duties as assignedQualifications
- 1-3 years retail operations management experience and 3 years supervisory experience
- Associate's Degree preferred
- Knowledge of merchandising techniques and retail operations, policies and procedures
- Ability to train and develop personnel
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products including Word and Excel; knowledge of Retail Pro preferred
- Effective communication and organizational skillsConditions of Employment
All applicants will be subject to a pre-employment background check and may be subject to a pre-employment drug test depending upon the position and/or client requirements.Equal Employment Opportunity
Employer Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Employer is an equal opportunity employer.Who We Are
Take your career beyond the ordinary-to the extraordinary.
At Employer, you'll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it's in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there's no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with us.
Employer is one of the largest privately held hospitality companies in the world. Founded in 1915 and owned by the Jacobs family for more than 100 years, Employer has global operations at high-profile places such as sports and entertainment venues, national and state parks, destination resorts and restaurants, airports, and regional casinos. Our 55,000 employee associates are dedicated to creating special experiences one guest at a time in serving more than a half-billion guests annually. Employer operates in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurant and catering, parks, resorts, gaming, and specialty retail industries and has annual revenue of about $3 billion.
All applicants will be subject to a pre-employment background check and may be subject to a pre-employment drug test depending upon the position and/or client requirements.
Employer Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Employer is an equal opportunity employer.