Posted on May 14, 2019 by Ascension
We Are Hiring
Medical Physicist - Oncology Support Services 001 - Part-Time Rotating - SEH St Elizabeth Hospital Oneida - Appleton, WI
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Wisconsin serves millions of people across the state with 24 hospitals and hundreds of sites of care. Approximately 23,500 associates, including nearly 1,000 medical group clinicians work collaboratively to deliver compassionate, personalized care every day. Ascension Wisconsin includes hospitals, clinics and doctors' offices from Affinity Health System, Columbia St. Mary's, Ministry Health Care, and Wheaton Franciscan Healthcare. As part of Ascension, the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world's largest Catholic health system, in fiscal year 2015, Ascension Wisconsin provided $300 million in community benefit including care of persons living in poverty. We provide compassionate, personalized care for all, including those who are struggling. And we're improving collaboration across healthcare in Wisconsin. We're looking for talented associates to join us as we continue advancing healthcare across Wisconsin.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ministry Health Care, you will have the opportunity to ensure the quality of care in the use of radiation-producing sources and imaging equipment, while protecting patients and staff from radiation.
- Performs required calibrations on equipment. Recommends and justifies new equipment and products for the department.
- Conducts equipment performance reviews as needed and implements quality control procedures for imaging devices.
- Recommends radiation safety procedures to areas using radiation.
- Educates staff in radiation safety practices.
- Supports all physics aspects of patient treatment including consultation with radiation oncologists, calculation of radiation doses, design and fabrication of treatment aids and assurance of the accuracy of all treatment parameters.
What You Will NeedLicenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Medical Physicist credentialed from the American Board of Radiology obtained within 36 Months (3 years) of hire date or job transfer date.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required
- None required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against employees or prospective employees on basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability, arrest and/or conviction record, military status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by law.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement