Cardiac Sonography Technologist
Posted on May 14, 2019 by UCHealth
Performs diagnostic procedures to assess cardiac, vascular and pediatric (NICU) structures and hemodynamics in accordance with applicable scope and standards of practice and with the policies, values, and mission of the organization.
This position may require 24/7 call.
* Opportunities to learn new procedures and participate in patient's plan of care.
* UCHealth seeks candidates who desire the opportunity to work at the top of your license with highly skilled professionals.
* Excellent opportunity to utilize state-of-the-art equipment.
* Competitive benefits including 403b match, pension plan, excellent assortment of affordable health coverage plans to meet your needs
At UCHealth, we do things differently
We believe in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado's largest and most innovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at UCHealth is more than a job, it's a passion.
* Review patient history and physician's orders
* Educates patient regarding procedures, equipment and exam to ensure patient's understanding and cooperation.
* When ordered, prepare and administer contrast media and/or medications within scope of practice.
* Monitor patient condition continually and reports changes in status as appropriate.
* Prepare equipment and supplies.
* Select appropriate exposure factors and imaging parameters.
* Implement safety standards and perform appropriate quality control procedures on equipment.
* Troubleshoot, resolve, and/or report equipment malfunctions as necessary.
* Perform echocardiography procedures on patients; select and utilize various transducers according to anatomy; differentiates normal and abnormal structures and directs the exam appropriately; assures that sufficient information has been acquired to provide diagnosis.
* Analyze results and identify issues with the quality of imaging results
* Enter, transmit and report scan results.
* Graduate of an accredited Ultrasound Technologist or Diagnostic Medical Sonographer program.
* Minimum of 2 years of experience STRONGLY preferred
Licenses and Certifications
* Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS) by the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS), or Registered Cardiac Sonographer (RCS) by Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI).
* BLS through the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer with card in-hand before start date. BLS or CPR card must be good through sixty days of hire. All life support certification cards must be issued by either the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer. (American Red Cross for the Professional Rescuer is only good upon hire and all renewals will need to be through an American Heart Association sanctioned course.)
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we'll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There's no limits to your potential here.
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
UCHealth recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual's race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any "qualified applicant with a disability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.