Summer Mountain Activities Team
Posted on May 14, 2019 by Vail Resorts
Reach Your Peak at Employer. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Employer. Reach Your Peak.
Welcome to Epic Discovery at Adventure Ridge, the summer experience at Vail. It's a mountain of possibilities that enable you to discover nature through fun in ways you'd never imagined - while engaging with our guests to provide a true Experience of a Lifetime. Discover a side of the mountain you've never seen, an experience revealed but once a year. It's an uncharted season, where roaming through treetops, riding the horizon, and stretching the bounds of nature allow you to reach your peak.
We have openings for every level of experience and opportunities to advance during the season for top performers. Employees are assigned to activity pods upon successful completion of training and management descretion.
The Mountain Activities Team provides attentive and friendly guest service to all of our activities:
Golden Eagle Zip Line
The Zip Line is a 1,200 foot long zip with a bird's eye view of the Gore Mountain Range.
Gore Range and Holy Cross Adventure Courses
The Adventure Courses feature elevated obstacles designed to test the strength and balance of our guests with obstacles that include swinging logs, rope bridges and balance elements.
Eagle's Nest Tubing
Eagle's Nest Tubing is a three lane hill that is roughly 500 feet long with a 110 foot vertical drop. Riders are taken to the top of the hill via the Adventure Bahn magic carpet.
Forest Flyer Mountain Coaster
The Forest Flyer winds its way 3,400 feet down the mountain, following the natural contours of the landscape through the forest. Participants control their speed with the manual brakes.
Paramount Peak Climbing Wall
With multiple routes ranging from beginner to advanced, climbers of all ages and abilities can test their climbing skills.
Kids and adults can bounce and flip to new heights on this trampoline while harnessed to a series of bungee cords.
Little Eagle Zip Line
The Little Eagle Zip line is a 120 foot single line zip line for the littlest adventurers.
Pine Cone Adventure Course
This course is a smaller version of the Adventure Courses designed to be more kid friendly. It features easier-to-navigate bridges, logs and other obstacles closer to ground level.
Marmot Mini Tubing
The Marmot Mini Tubing features two runs and an easy-access surface lift to transport tubers back to the top.
Mountain Activities Team members will be assigned to specific activities to become true stakeholders of safety and guest service concerning those activities. Team members may be asked to assist with other activities or tasks at Adventure Ridge throughout the season.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Promote safety at all activities for our guests and fellow team members
- Promote a positive outlook for the company by being enthusiastic and inspiring
- Greet and provide guest service to all external and internal guests
- Work cooperatively and effectively with other team members to meet operational guidelines
- Instruct guests in use of equipment in an engaging and friendly manner
- Complete all required inspections and documentation for each activity
- Able to work in a family environment in a professional manner
- Able to lift up to 55 lbs. repetitively
- Able to communicate instruction for and monitor participation in various summer activities
- Able to communicate directions in English
- Must be able to work weekends, evenings, holidays and extended hours during peak times
- Must be comfortable working in a high alpine environment (working through inclement weather conditions)
- Must be comfortable speaking in front of groups of people
What's in it for you? Benefits include:
- Discount lift tickets for friends and family
- Discounted lodging, food, gear and mountain shuttles
- Discounted bike haul & golf
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Excellent training and professional development
Be a part of the resort where it all started. Imagine belonging to a team that delivers the life of luxury to its guests while infusing the mountain lifestyle in every experience. Are you someone that never settles for second best? Take your mountain exploration to the next level and join a passionate group of people who thrive on extraordinary customer service. Come help us deliver unparalleled adventures in a place that is unrivaled and unflinching. Join the team at Vail - a place that's Like Nothing on Earth.
Employer is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 164291