Advanced Cook - Beano's Cabin
Posted on May 14, 2019 by Beaver Creek Ski Resort
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts.
You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
We are seeking Advanced Level Line Cooks for a fast paced fine dining restaurant on Beaver Creek Mountain. Advanced level cooks report to the advanced cook and sous chefs.
Responsibilites include, but are not limited to:
- Running a Station, Grill, Saute, Pizza or Pantry for dinner and following standardized recipes and completing given assignments in a fast paced fine dining kitchen
- Communicates with the front of the house and follows detailed instructions both oral and written of the chef and supervisors Maintains a safe environment in the kitchen and behind the service line
- Takes responsibility for the product used and manages it to assure a quality product
- Must practice good personal hygiene and safe food handling skills
- Other duties include stocking, maintaining and cleaning service area and properly stores/covers all food items and rotate products for freshness
- Helps the Chef maintain all par levels for the kitchen
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum three years experience in a fine dining environment - required
- Understanding and knowledge of butchery with whole animals and fish - required
- Sauce preparation skills - required
- Proficient in helping with production of kitchen - required
- Serv safe certificate or similar credentials - required
- Able to set up line station quickly and expedite orders - required
- Strong communication skills, including ability to train staff members - required
- Able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs - required
- Positive work ethic
- Team-oriented attitude
- Able to work in a hot kitchen environment up to 8 hours during a shift - required
- Able to talk and hear directions in a loud kitchen environment - required
- Able to work weekends and holidays as necessary - required
- Able to stand up to 8 hours during a shift - required
- End of season commitment required (April 2016) - required
- In person interview - preferred
We're looking for team members whose legendary attention to detail and commitment to phenomenal service comes naturally. Pursue a lifestyle that will elevate your expectation of what work can look like. Nothing is too big or too small for the staff to bravely pursue and elevate the expectations of the guest. Do you possess a calling for delivering world-class events and amenities? Then Beaver Creek is for you.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 165382