Bakery Team Leader (FT) Market District - Carmel #6550
Posted on May 14, 2019 by Giant Eagle
- Provide exemplary customer service by greeting customers in the department and ensuring they are able to locate the products they are looking for. Bakery team members are also expected to have sufficient knowledge to answer questions and make suggestions to our customers.
- Become familiar with products in the store to answer questions and make suggestions to customers.
- Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the encounter takes place in the Team Member's designated department or elsewhere in the store.
- Properly handle products and equipment in accordance with food safety and safety guidelines to ensure a safe shopping environment.
- Replenish product in the Bakery cases and displays, rotating product and ensuring code dating procedures are followed and only the freshest product is available for sale.
- Effectively delegate meaningful responsibility and decision making authority to the right people, clearly communicate expectations, provide the right amount of direct support and follow-up in a timely manner
- Direct, oversee, and evaluate training provided by a trainer to department Team Members in order to reduce turnover, promote efficiency, and control labor costs.
- Promote the continuous development of Team Members.
- Understand and adhere to the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Develop and maintain communication processes with other departments in order to develop marketing plans, which help to meet the financial objectives of the store.
- Manage inventories by tracking weekly reports and ordering raw materials and supplies in order to meet customer requirements and maximize profits.
- Accurately record special orders on bakery products to ensure the customer is delighted with the finished product.
- Maintain cleanliness of department and work area, including the back room.
- Assist in maintaining bakery cooler and freezer efficiency by unloading deliveries.
- Assist in other areas as required.
- Supervision of team members in one department